Metroid Dread update out now (version 2.0.0), patch notes
Nintendo and MercurySteam just released the new 2.0.0 update for Metroid Dread. Along with new difficulty options, it comes with new details on the results screen and fixes.
Below are the full patch notes for the Metroid Dread version 2.0.0 update:
New Difficulties Available
- “ROOKIE MODE” has been added to the game. This is a mode suited towards new players, with the following adjustments:
- Dropped items from enemies now replenish greater amounts when picked-up.
- Damage received from Boss attacks has been lowered.
- Destructible Boss projectiles have been made easier to break than usual (excluding some attacks).
- Increased number of missiles available when beginning game.
- Made the finishing counters when defeating some Bosses easier to perform.
- Selected when starting a New Game, and choosing “SELECT DIFFICULTY”.
- “DREAD MODE” has been added to the game. This is an extremely high-difficulty mode, where any damage taken from enemies or traps will lead to an instant Game Over.
- Can be selected after clearing HARD MODE, when beginning a New Game, and choosing “SELECT DIFFICULTY”.
New Details Added to Results Screen
- Several new details have been added to the results screen that appears after clearing the game. These new details will not appear, however, for game files that were started prior to updating the game.
- Fixed an issue where Samus sliding down a surface and touching a frozen enemy would force the game to close, after the message “The software was closed because an error occurred” appears.
- Made several other fixes to improve playability and enjoyment of game.
The following updates to the “Metroid Dread DEMO” are also now available (Ver. 2.0.0).
- The scale of the playable area has been expanded, with the Corpius boss fight now being available.
- Added “ROOKIE MODE”, a mode suited towards new players, where dropped items from enemies now replenish a greater amount, and bosses’ attack power has been lowered.
- Added “SELECT DIFFICULTY” options when beginning the demo.
All players can download the Metroid Dread version 2.0.0 update now.