Minecraft: Wii U Edition adds Chinese Mythology Mash-Up Pack on October 4
At Minecon 2016, new DLC was revealed for the console versions of Minecraft. All platforms – including Wii U – will be receiving a new Chinese Mythology Mash-Up Pack.
Players can expect the following from the DLC:
“In the new Minecraft: Console Edition Chinese Mythology Mash-Up, come explore ancient temples hidden among the cherry blossoms and survive the night at the Great Wall. In this new mash-up, you will be able to visit an exquisitely created pre-made world. Wander through the streets of an ancient great city, marvel at the dragons that dwell around the high mountains, contemplate on your crafting within a mythical monastery and just enjoy the view as you walk through fields and discover how mobs would look in ancient China. This mash-up also brings you 41 new skins to choose from and 13 themed music tracks for your worlds made using this pack.”
The Chinese Mythology Mash-up also packs in a special map for use in the Battle mini game.
View a trailer for the DLC in Minecraft: Wii U Edition below. Head past the break for a rundown of other features included in the upcoming update.
- Polar bears and their adorable offspring are to be found wandering frozen biomes.
- Banners! Spruce the place up with your personalised drapery.
- New terrain generation: Igloos now appear in Arctic biomes, and gargantuan fossils lie beneath the earth awaiting your discovery.
- Beetroots! You can farm them and turn them into a restorative soup. Delish!
- Other new blocks: End Bricks, Grass Path, Frosted Ice, Magma, Nether Wart Block, Red Nether Brick and Bone Block.