Nintendo NY hosting Zelda extravaganza next month, 500 fans can play Zelda Wii U
Posted on May 25, 2016 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News
Between June 14 and June 19, 500 fans will be given the opportunity to play the new Zelda game on Wii U at Nintendo NY. Those who are interested will need to be involved with Super-Fan Signup Day on June 11. The first 500 eligible people in line when Nintendo NY opens at 9 AM ET will receive a wristband that they can exchange for a ticket, guaranteeing them a spot to play the game during selected times June 14 – June 19.
Fans will be invited to watch gameplay from the new Zelda title on June 14 at 12 PM ET, which will be live-streamed from Nintendo’s E3 booth. At 3 PM ET, the first of 500 participants will begin sampling the game for the first time.
On top of that, between June 15 and June 19, Nintendo experts will be on hand to provide guided game-play demonstrations on the big screen. The company says that some fans may have the chance to participate in guided demonstrations. The Legend of Zelda trivia will be hosted as well for a chance for fans to win fun prizes.
Head past the break for the full rundown on Nintendo NY’s Zelda plans.
From June 14 through June 19, 500 Nintendo fans will be among the first people in the world to play The Legend of Zelda for the Wii U console at the Nintendo NY store. The 500 fans will be selected during a Super-Fan Signup Day, which will be held on Saturday, June 11. Only the first 500 eligible people in line when Nintendo NY opens at 9 a.m. ET will receive a wristband that they can exchange for a ticket, which guarantees them a spot to play the game during selected times June 14-19. (Fans can start lining up at 7 a.m. ET on June 11. Photo ID is required, and minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.)
The six-day free event will begin at noon ET on June 14, when fans will be invited to watch gameplay of The Legend of Zelda live-streamed from Nintendo’s booth at this year’s E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles to the 15-foot gaming screen inside Nintendo NY. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game. Then at 3 p.m. ET, the first of 500 fans will begin sampling the game for the first time.
From June 15 to June 19, Nintendo experts will also be giving guided game-play demonstrations on the big screen for everyone to watch and enjoy. Several fans may even get the chance to participate in guided demonstrations. There will also beThe Legend of Zelda trivia for a chance for fans to win fun prizes.
Hundreds of Nintendo fans, Nintendo representatives
Super-Fan Signup Day
- June 11, 9 a.m. ET
Nintendo NY The Legend of Zelda experience
- June 14, noon-3 p.m. ET (Nintendo Treehouse: Live screening from E3)
- June 14, 3-8 p.m. ET (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
- June 15-19, Nintendo NY store hours (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
- June 15-19, Nintendo NY store hours (guided game-play presentations with Nintendo experts and trivia)
10 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020
- Excited Nintendo fans waiting in line to receive the chance to play the newest game in The Legend of Zelda series for the first time.
- Fans, including some who may come dressed in different costumes inspired by the Zelda series, playing the new The Legend of Zelda game for the Wii U console.
- The Nintendo NY store decorated to celebrate The Legend of Zelda.
- Group demos hosted by Nintendo representatives showing fans the extensive The Legend of Zelda demo.
Source: Nintendo PR