How to make a shiny sandwich in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
In Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, these have all sorts of helpful effects to making shiny sandwiches – one of these is a boost to your Shiny Pokemon odds. If you’re looking to hunt some wild Shiny Pokemon but don’t know how to make the right sandwich, we’ve got you covered with a big list of recipes. We’ve also included a full explanation on how sandwiches work, how long they last, and how to hunt Shiny Pokemon in an outbreak. Who knew making sandwiches could be so useful?
How to make a Shiny Sandwich in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
In Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, sandwiches you make have three bonus effects that change depending on which ingredients you used and how many of each you included in the recipe. These bonus effects range from increased experience points to increased encounter rate – and, of course, increased Shiny odds. In order to make a shiny sandwich specifically, you’ll need Herba Mystica – you can get these from five- and six-star Tera Raid Battles. They drop at random after you win the battle, and the exact kind of Herba Mystica you need depends on the elemental Type of Pokemon you want to hunt.
Each of the sandwich’s three bonus effects will target a specific Type. For example, if you want to hunt for a Shiny Growlithe, you’ll want to make a sandwich with Sparkling Power: Fire and Encounter Power: Fire. With this specific sandwich active, more of the Pokemon on your screen will be Fire-type and each one will have a boosted chance of being Shiny. With the Shiny Charm and Sparkling Power Lv. 3 active, your odds are 1 in 683 for each individual Pokemon that spawns.
You can increase your chances even further by Shiny hunting in an outbreak. Head to the outbreak, save your game, and make a shiny sandwich in Pokemon Scarlet or Violet that targets either of the Types of the Pokemon in the outbreak (we’ve listed all the ingredients below). From there, use the game’s auto-battle function to KO Pokemon from the outbreak until you get a notice that there “aren’t many left”. When this message appears, you’ve maximized your Shiny odds – the sandwich and the outbreaks KOs add up to a 1 in 512 chance.
From there, run around until you find a Shiny Pokemon. You can also open a picnic to clear all the Pokemon on your screen, and when you close the picnic you’ll get new spawns all around you. If you don’t find a Shiny Pokemon at the end of the sandwich’s 30-minute timer, reset your game to conserve Herba Mystica. With all of that being said, let’s get into the list of ingredients.
Sandwich Ingredients List
We’ve put together a list of shiny sandwich ingredients for each Type in Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet. These recipes will make you a sandwich with Sparkling Power Lv. 3 plus Encounter Power Lv. 3 so that more Pokemon of that Type spawn. If you’re looking for a different sandwich, you can actually use this handy sandwich calculator that will output the exact recipe you’re looking for.
- Normal-type sandwiches require one Fried Fillet, one Salty Herba Mystica, and one Sweet Herba Mystica.
- Fire-type sandwiches require one Basil, one Salty Herba Mystica, and one Sweet Herba Mystica.
- Water-type sandwiches require one Cucumber, one Spicy Herba Mystica, and one Salty Herba Mystica.
- Grass-type sandwiches require one piece of Lettuce, one Spicy Herba Mystica, and one Salty Herba Mystica.
- Electric-type sandwiches require one Yellow Bell Pepper, one Spicy Herba Mystica, and one Salty Herba Mystica.
- Psychic-type sandwiches require one Onion and two sprigs of Salty Herba Mystica.
- Ice-type sandwiches require one Klawf Stick and two sprigs of Salty Herba Mystica.
- Dragon-type sandwiches require one Avocado and two sprigs of Salty Herba Mystica.
- Dark-type sandwiches require a Smoked Fillet and two sprigs of any Herba Mystica.
- Fairy-type sandwiches require a Tomato, a Spicy Herba Mystica, and a Salty Herba Mystica.
- Fighting-type sandwiches require a Potato Tortilla, a Salty Herba Mystica, and a Sweet Herba Mystica.
- Flying-type sandwiches require an Egg, a Salty Herba Mystica, and a Sweet Herba Mystica.
- Poison-type sandwiches require a serving of Noodles, a Salty Herba Mystica, and a Sweet Herba Mystica.
- Ground-type sandwiches require a slice of Ham, a Salty Herba Mystica, and a Sweet Herba Mystica.
- Rock-type sandwiches require a piece of Bacon, a Salty Herba Mystica, and a Sweet Herba Mystica.
- Bug-type sandwiches require a scoop of Potato Salad, a Salty Herba Mystica, and a Sweet Herba Mystica.
- Ghost-type sandwiches require a Red Onion, a Spicy Herba Mystica, and a Salty Herba Mystica.
- Steel-type sandwiches require a Hamburger, a Salty Herba Mystica, and a Sweet Herba Mystica.
There you have it – shiny sandwich recipes for every single Type in Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet. As we mentioned earlier, you’ll want to save your game before making the sandwich. If you don’t find a Shiny Pokemon over the next thirty minutes, you can reset your game to conserve your Herba Mystica. We’d also recommend listening to something in the background — Shiny hunting as your one and only task can get the slightest bit repetitive. Stay tuned for even more Pokemon Scarlet and Violet guides in the future!
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet exclusives List
- How to catch Okidogi
- How to catch Munkidori
- How to catch Fezandipiti