Pokemon Sword/Shield update out now (version 1.2.0), patch notes
Coinciding with today’s launch of The Isle of Armor for Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield, the Switch games have been updated. Version 1.2.0 is live worldwide.
Aside from adding in the new DLC, additional Pokemon can now appear, Link Codes are now 8-digits long, and more.
Below are the full patch notes:
- Part 1, The Isle of Armor, has been released as downloadable content
- Customers who have purchased an Expansion Pass can now enjoy adventures on the Isle of Armor.
- You can learn more about the Isle of Armor here: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/expansionpass/the-isle-of-armor/
- Additional Pokémon now appear
- Even without purchasing an Expansion Pass, customers can use network connections to play and have additional Pokémon appear.
- Link Codes are now 8-digits long
- Link Codes used in the Y-Comm or set for Max Raid Battles are now 8 digits instead of 4.
- Battle regulation marks
- Pokémon carried over from other regions via Pokémon HOME can now participate in online competitions and ranked battles. A battle regulation mark can be replaced on the Pokémon at the Battle Tower in order to participate in online competitions and ranked battles.
- Please check game news for more information.
- Addressed issue with online battles
- We’ve fixed an issue with online battles where the battle results could be arbitrarily invalidated.
- Additional updated content
- In addition, various issues were addressed to create a more enjoyable gaming experience.