Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 first update announced – four playable characters including Sonic, co-op boss battle mode, more
Before the launch of Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, SEGA promised free post-launch support. The first update, which goes live on January 14, was detailed today.
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is getting four new playable characters, including Sonic. Online play will also now support “Boss Battle with Everyone”, new Item Cards and My Icons are on the way, and new background music is being added.
Here’s the full rundown of new content:
- Four new characters added:
- Sonic (from Sonic the Hedgehog series)
- Ms. Accord
- Ocean Prince
- “Boss Battle with Everyone” added to online modes. Up to four players can work together to defeat boss characters with Skill Battle rules to earn tons of experience points and powerful Item Cards you can only get here.
- New Item Cards added.
- Spiked Iron Ball
- Many cute new My Icons added.
- New background music added:
- “Tropical Resort – Act 1” (Sonic the Hedgehog series)
- “Lidelle’s Earnest Wish (Lidelle’s Theme)”
- “Ms. Accord’s Lesson (Accord’s Theme)”
- “Dignity of the Prince (Ocean Prince’s Theme)”
We have a trailer showcasing the first major Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 update below.
Thanks to James McKee for the tip.