Some Nintendo sales numbers from France
Outlet “Challenges” posted a new interview with Nintendo’s Philippe Lavoué, who revealed some sales numbers from France. Lavoué provided data for Wii U, 3DS, and a few games.
Here’s the full roundup:
– Wii U: over 450 000 units sold (300,000 in late December, roughly +50% year-over-year in the past few months)
– Wii U sales should be at 550,000 units by the end of the year.
– Games: currently, sales are three times higher thanks to Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 (and Smash).
– Mario Kart 8: 200,000 units sold + 70,000 additional units from bundles
– Pokémon OR/AS: 191,000 units sold, +51% compared to X/Y during the same period.
– 3DS sales: 3.15 million; +70% thanks to Pokémon.
– Bayonetta 2: ~60 000 units sold.
– Super Smash Bros. (Wii U): they’re expecting 200,000 units by the end of the year.
– amiibo: they’re expecting 200,000 units sold by the end of the year.