Splatoon version 2.9.0 going live next week, patch notes
Splatoon will be receiving its latest update next week. Version 2.9.0 will be going out during the evening of July 5 in North America, and the early morning hours of July 6 in Europe.
After applying the update, players will be able to use the new Callie and Marie amiibo. Weapons are being balanced, a small stage adjustment will be implemented, and there will be some multiplayer bug fixes.
Head past the break for the full patch notes for Splatoon version 2.9.0. Note that 373MB of free space will be required for the update.
Compatible amiibo Added
- Now compatible with Callie and Marie amiibo.
Main Weapon Balancing
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Main Wepons.
- More info
Special Weapon Effect Duration Balancing
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Special Weapon Effects.
- More info
- Ancho-V Games: Fixed an issue in Rainmaker mode, in which certain terrain wasn’t appearing correctly on the turf map when inked.
Multiplayer Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused players performing a Super Jump while swimming through ink to appear to be sliding long distances to opponents.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ink Mines placed on enemy turf to occasionally be visible byopponents, whether or not they had the Bomb Sniffer gear ability.
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.