Stardew Valley – tons of version 1.4 details
We’ll have to wait a bit longer for Stardew Valley’s big 1.4 content update on consoles – including Switch – but it has just rolled out on Steam today. Tying in with the initial release, developer ConcernedApe has shared a bunch of details about what’s new.
Here’s the full rundown:
This update not only adds new content and features to the game, but improves the gameplay experience significantly with tons of “quality of life” features… including some things the community has requested for a long time. There’s also an enormous amount of bug fixes and some optimizations improvements–in short, the game is more polished than ever. I hope this update will greatly improve your Stardew Valley experience, and make your time in the valley even more joyful, seemless, and fun.
If you’d instead like to just see a complete changelog (full of spoilers), click here.
Otherwise, I’d like to share just a few of the new things you’ll find in the update:
- There is a new end-game mystery, involving an abandoned building…
- Added some more character events… including a new 14-heart event for every spouse. I wanted to show a little more about what each spouse is up to after marriage, and give you another thing to look forward to after marriage.
- Added Fish Ponds, a new farm building that allows you to raise fish and harvest a variety of items from them. Most fish will produce roe, which can be processed further in a preserves jar. Some fish produce other things, though, and many also produce secondary items that can be useful.
- Added a new farm map: Four Corners
Four Corners is perfect for the new separate money option in multiplayer, since each farmer can have their own quadrant to live in. But it’s also fun for single player or cooperative farms. Each quadrant has a different perk, but the intruding cliffs reduce your total farming area. Another interesting feature is that the greenhouse, farm cave and pet area are located in the center of the farm.
- Over 60 new items, some fun, some practical and some powerful
- Added 24 new hairstyles, 181 new shirts, 35 new hats, 14 new pants , and 2 new boots
- Junimo Kart has been almost completely re-done
- Sheds can be upgraded to double their interior size:
- Added 2 new monsters and 2 new alternative levels to the mines
- A new type of upgrade at the Blacksmith’s
- An emote menu for your farmer (default key is Y)
- This update also includes a huge amount of Quality of Life improvements, like being able to stack “big” items (like kegs), or seeing the Junimo Note icon pulse when hovering over an item that’s required for a bundle. The social tab now keeps track of villagers’ likes and dislikes (click on a villager’s icon to bring up their profile):
- Your collections tab now keeps track of all the letters you’ve received:
- 14 new music tracks!
- Hundreds of bug fixes
- And plenty more…
Again, please keep in mind this is a highly condensed version of the changelog that leaves out a lot of details. I’m purposely leaving a lot out because I don’t like spoilers! That being said, if you’d like to see the complete, spoiler-filled version, please check out this link: https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-4-update-full-changelog