Lunark finally came to Switch last week after it was announced in 2019, and plenty of gameplay has since surfaced. 21 minutes of footage highlights the 2D cinematic platformer.
Further information can be found in the following overview:
Set on a distant planet ruled by a totalitarian regime, Lunark is a modern take on the 2D cinematic platformer genre of the ’90s. As Leo, a courier with unique abilities and a mysterious past, you’ll run, jump, hang, climb, roll, and shoot through gorgeously animated pixel-art environments ranging from a dystopian megalopolis to eerie caves to an alien forest. You must overcome traps, solve puzzles, earn upgrades, and battle enemy droids, and when you’re not fighting for survival, you’ll meet a cast of colorful characters who will put Leo’s allegiances to the test. Uncover the dark origin of humanity’s new home and the truth about yourself in this epic sci-fi adventure!
• Experience a modern 2D cinematic platformer with precision gameplay, stunning animation, and rotoscoped cutscenes!
• Immerse yourself in a compelling sci-fi story of survival, revolution, and mystery
• Intuitive but versatile controls: Run, jump, hang, climb, roll, and shoot your way to freedom!
• Explore glorious pixel-art environments, including mysterious alien ruins, a flying penitentiary, a high-tech megalopolis, and an alien forest
• Solve puzzles, overcome traps, and interact with a variety of characters
• Discover hidden upgrades to expand your health and weapon capabilities
• Yes, you can pet the dog (and cat)!
View the gameplay for Lunark on Switch below.
Lunark is out on the Switch eShop with a physical release following later from Limited Run Games. English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish languages are supported.