Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl update out now (version 1.3.0), patch notes
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl have both given a new update, and the two Switch RPGs are now at version 1.3.0.
We reported earlier today that players would have an opportunity to obtain Arceus as part of a tie-in with Pokemon Legends: Arceus after installing the patch. Nintendo confirms that this is now live, but in addition, a new network-trading feature has been added.
The full patch notes for the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl version 1.3.0 update are as follows:
- Added an event related to Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
- If a user on a Nintendo Switch system has save data from Pokémon Legends: Arceus that meets set requirements, that player can take part in a special event to meet the Mythical Pokémon Arceus when playing the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond or Pokémon Shining Pearl games.
- Added a network-trading feature at GWS.
- It is now possible to trade Pokémon online at the GWS in Jubilife City.
- Note: A Nintendo Switch Online membership (paid service) is required to trade Pokémon online.
- Some issues have been fixed for more pleasant gameplay.
All players can access the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl version 1.3.0 update now. We have information about the Arceus event (as well as news about obtaining Darkrai) here.
The official website for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl can be accessed here.