Renegade Kid reveals Moon Chronicles for 3DS
Posted on January 24, 2014 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News, Podcast Stories
Renegade Kid has pulled back the curtain on Moon Chronicles, its new first-person shooter for the 3DS eShop.
Here’s what we know about the game, courtesy of IGN’s report:
– Episodic model
– Season one is a remake of the original DS game
– Pricing structure:
Episode 1: $8.99 (contains chapters 1 – 4 + 6 VR Missions: ~4 hours of gameplay).
Episode 2 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 5 – 8: ~2 hours of gameplay).
Episode 3 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 9 – 12: ~2 hours of gameplay).
Episode 4 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 13 – 16: ~2 hours of gameplay).
– Second season will likely come next year
– This will feature brand new content that takes place after the original
“We’re big fans of TV shows like Lost. We love shows that really cement the feeling where you watch an episode, you have a cliffhanger, and you absolutely need to watch the next one.”
“That’s our plan for season two and beyond, [for us] to approach it in a similar way. ‘What’s the whole point of the season? Where do we start and where do we end up?’” – Renegade Kid co-founder Jools Watsham
– Rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of the 3D screen
– 60 frames-per-second (with/without 3D)
– Re-touched detailed geometry and graphics
– Circle Pad Pro support
– Out in spring 2014