The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt update out now (version 4.04), patch notes
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt just got a big update on Switch, bringing the game to version 4.04.
The update includes content from version 4.0 that we’ve been waiting for on Nintendo’s console plus a new cross-progresion feature. It also comes with bug fixes, gameplay adjustments, and quality-of-life changes as well as additional content inspired by Netflix’s The Witcher.
Here’s the full rundown:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt update version 4.04 patch notes
- Fixed an issue where certain hairstyles from the “Beard and Hairstyle Set” DLC would clip through the Nilfgaardian helmet on previous-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue with flickering textures that occurred during Gwent matches on next-gen consoles.
- A Towerful of Mice – Fixed an issue on previous-gen consoles where the conversation with Keira would sometimes not trigger after the fight with the pesta.
- Cabaret – Fixed some visual issues with Dandelion’s model before and during the staged fight on previous-gen consoles.
Quests & Gameplay
- Added an option to switch potions and apply oils from the radial menu.
- Fixed an issue where Geralt’s health rapidly depleted when diving.
- The Final Trial – Fixed an issue where leaving the area and coming back could cause Lambert to stand in the water instead of sitting in the boat, blocking progress.
- Addressed some issues with loading saves when using the Cross Progression feature on multiple machines with the same GOG account.
Online Features – Nintendo Switch
Added a cross-progression feature between platforms which replaces the previous save file integration introduced in patch 3.6 for the Nintendo Switch. Your latest saves will be automatically uploaded to the cloud so you can easily pick up where you left off on other platforms. Cross-progression provides the latest save for every save type. This feature becomes available after you log into your account. Please note that it requires a GOG account regardless of your platform.
By signing up to MY REWARDS in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, players can receive:
• Swords of the Nine-Tailed Vixen
• White Tiger of the West Armor
• Dol Blathanna Armor Set
• Roach Card
Switch Additional Content
- Added a new side quest, In The Eternal Fire’s Shadow, in Velen. Rewards are inspired by Neftlix’s The Witcher series.
- Added an alternative appearance for Dandelion inspired by Netflix’s The Witcher series. You can enable it in Options → Gameplay.
- Added an alternative Nilfgaardian Armor set inspired by Netflix’s The Witcher series. You can enable it in Options → Gameplay.
- Added Chinese and Korean voice-over. Availability on consoles varies by region.
- Various improvements and changes to Russian voice-over, including fixes for accelerated / slowed lines in the vast majority of scenes.
All players on Switch can download the new update now.