The Unlikely Legend Rusty Pup: Wii U version cancelled, coming to Switch instead
Posted on 3 days ago by Matt(@OnePunchMaz) in 3DS eShop, News, Switch eShop, Wii U eShop | 11 Comments | 0 Likes
In an interview with Nintendo Life, The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup creator Chris Seaver of Gory Detail has stated that development of the Wii U version of the puzzle platformer has stopped for now. Instead, the focus lies on the PC version at the moment – however, as soon as Gory Detail get their hands on a Switch developer kit, they will work on porting the game to Nintendo’s newest system. Additionally, Seaver stated that a release of the 3DS version is “dependent on resources and time issues”.
Here are his statements in full:
“We’re looking to have everything done on the PC side by September or so, the Nintendo Switch side of things depends on when dev kits become available. As you can imagine there’s a lot of people wanting them and I can’t imagine little indies like us are too high on the list. We’ll see.
I’d pretty much back-burnered the Wii U in terms of dev for a while now because of the cost to develop on something that was increasingly seen as a dead end system. Along comes the Switch, hopefully reinvigorating Nintendo’s home console market. It all dovetails nicely. Switch is pretty much a defo, just not sure when. 3DS is dependent on resources and time issues but currently a yes. Wii U, nah.”
Even more Rusty Pup screenshots
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, Screenshots, Wii U eShop | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Gory Detail has been continuing its rollout of new Rusty Pup screenshots on Twitter. Get a look at the latest images below, and check out a couple of animated GIFs here.
More The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup screenshots
Posted on 2 weeks ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, Screenshots, Wii U eShop | 5 Comments | 0 Likes
Update 2 (1/3): Two more screenshots are in the gallery. Plus, a short GIF is here.
Update (1/2): Added another couple of screenshots to the end of the gallery.
Original (12/30): Gory Detail posted another three screenshots from The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup on its Twitter page this week. Get a look at them below.
The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup screenshots
Posted on 3 weeks ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, Screenshots, Wii U eShop | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
Gory Detail has shared a few new screenshots from The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup. Find them in the galley below.
New Rusty Pup details
Posted on 4 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News, Wii U eShop | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
Nintendo Life has published an article with new details about Rusty Pup, the new game from former rare developers Chris Seavor and Shawn Pile. We’ve rounded up the notable information below.
– Been in development for 3 years
– Opening levels serve as an introduction to the game’s dark storyline
– These levels also slowly drip feed the various mechanics you’ll need to master in order to overcome later challenges
– Can’t control Rusty directly
– Guide him around using lights
– Rusty is afraid of the dark, and will move towards the nearest source of illumination
– Laying platforms, powering lifts and using various chutes located around the stage come in later
– Get cube-like “brains” that are stored in Rusty’s gut before being banked at various toilets dotted around the game
– It’s only at this point that they enter your inventory
– Need brains to open certain doors
– One later level features a cloning tool which allows you to create more Rustys – expendable dopplegangers which allow you to collect hard-to-reach brains before being sacrificed
– Game is finished when it comes to assets, engine, and core mechanics
– Some of those are still being tweaked
– Dev wants it to be challenging, but doesn’t want to put players off
– Coming to Steam first, with the iPad version possibly coming later
– Dev considered abandoning the Wii U version, but decided to stick with it since Zelda will remain on the platform
– Seavor likes the 3DS version the most since it’s in 3D and very portable, plus you have buttons and the touch-screen
– Unclear when Rusty Pup will be on Wii U, 3DS, or possibly NX
– Versions are seeing staggered releases to cover costs
– Steam version will pay for the next version
– Companion novel planned
– Next game will be less risky: “I can’t reveal the title yet, but I will say that we might be taking advantage of the Conker name; the term ‘spiritual successor’ definitely applies here. We’re not doing a Conker game as such, but we can take advantage of the legacy.”