Minecraft receiving new update on Switch and Wii U tonight / tomorrow
A new Minecraft update will be going out soon on Switch and Wii U. On both platforms, the game will be adding in a Birthday Skin Pack, Norse Mythology Mashup Pack, and more. There are also the regular features and changes.
We expect that the patch will be going live around the following times:
– 5:50 PM PT (December 19) – 7:30 PM PT (December 19)
– 8:50 PM ET (December 19) – 10:30 PM ET (December 19)
– 1:50 AM in the UK (December 20) – 3:30 AM in the UK (December 20)
– 2:50 AM in Europe (December 20) – 4:30 AM in Europe (December 20)
For the full patch notes, continue on below.
- Added Norse Mythology Mashup Pack.
- Added Festive Tumble Arena.
- Added New Horse Model.
- Added Dyeable Leather Horse Armour.
- Cauldron changes.
- Cauldrons can be filled with potions.
- Tipped Arrows can be created using an Arrow with Cauldrons filled with potions.
- Water can be dyed.
- Armour can be dyed in a Cauldron filled with dyed water.
- Baby Zombie jockeys can now ride any mobs.
- World generation changes.
- Added Fallen Trees & Dying Trees.
- Village Changes.
- Tables have brown carpet instead of a pressure plate.
- Added Ice Plains & Cold Taiga Villages.
- Added Chests to Ice Plains and Cold Taiga Villages.
- Ice Plains & Cold Taiga Villages won’t generate crops.
- Paths around village wells now made up of grass path (sandstone in desert).
- Dispenser changes.
- Fireworks will fire in the direction the dispenser is facing.
- Mob heads will drop to ground unless they are being placed on a block that would cause a Wither or Snow Golem to spawn.
- Updated Wither Boss behavior.
- Explodes and spawns Wither Skeletons on half health.
- Change to dash attack.
- Remove health regeneration.
- New birth and death animations.
- Armor Stands now have arms and multiple poses.