Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers out on Switch this fall, new trailer
Posted on August 9, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop, Videos
Squadron 51 has a new name, as it’s now known as Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers. Additionally, it has been given an updated Fall 2022 release window.
The project was first announced for Switch way back in 2018. There have been a few delays since then, as it has been most recently on track for last year. If all goes well, the game hopefully won’t be pushed back any further.
Below is an official overview of Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers with more details:
A group of extraterrestrials called the Vega Corporation one day visit earth to provide unlimited resources to earth to help the human race endure. When the darker side of the corporation rises to the surface and an uprising begins, Lieutenant Kaya and the rest of the squadron band together to stop Vega and its ruthless leader Director Zarog. Experience the story unfold through live-action cutscenes and dubbed voice overs in black and white.
Ascend through over 11 levels ranging from snowy mountains, busy cityscapes, and dense forests to defeat waves of alien ships. Face an onslaught of enemy ships around every corner, with difficulty settings to choose from so every rookie or veteran pilot can fly. Not ready to take on those pesky aliens by yourself? Invite a second player to enter levels at anytime and earn points together to unlock new weapons and upgrades.
- Classic gameplay – Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers is a SHOOT ‘EM UP! game with four different aircrafts to play and set up with special weapons.
- Cinematic experience – Glorious black-and-white aesthetics, live-action FMV sequences and dubbed voices will tell the story of the battle between the squadron and Director Zarog’s alien supremacy.
- 11 levels – Fight against enemy ships and bosses in many different environments – snowy mountains, forests, cityscapes, and many others.
- Dynamic difficulty – No matter if you’re a rookie or a veteran shooting star, Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers supports dynamic difficulty which allows every pilot to enjoy the fight.
- Multiplayer – Feeling lonely against Aliens? Invite a friend! A second player can enter a level any time. Earn points with your friend and unlock together new special weapons and upgrades.
A new trailer for Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucer is available below.