Streets of Rage 4 dated, launches on Switch this month
Update: The official word we have from DotEmu is that the “date is not final or confirmed”. It’s unclear if the game will be launching this month as listed on the eShop. DotEmu says it’ll be “soon”, however.
Original: Streets of Rage 4 will launch on Switch this month, according to an eShop listing. The game just received a store page showing a release date of April 23. We previously heard that it would arrive sometime this spring.
Here’s an overview of Streets of Rage 4, along with a trailer:
Amongst the best beat’em up series ever created, jammin’ ‘90s beats and over the top street beating, the iconic series Streets of Rage comes back with a masterful tribute to and revitalization of the classic action fans adore.
The all-time classic Streets of Rage, known as Bare Knuckle in Japan, is a beat ‘em up series known for this timeless gameplay and electronic dance influenced music. Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, beautiful hand-drawn visuals and a God tier soundtrack.
Team up with iconic and brand-new characters
Streets of Rage 4 got its iconic characters back: Axel and Blaze teaming up with new sister in arm Cherry Hunter. With some brand-new moves and kickass tracks to take a listen, our heroes are ready to dish out beatdowns to a fledgling group of ill-advised criminals in full force.
Outstanding Hand-Drawn Visuals
Streets of Rage 4 will be the first entry to the core series in 25 years, standing as Axel or Blaze’s glorious return to serving up side-scrolling beatdowns. With lush hand-drawn animations, new combat abilities, and fresh tracks from an amazing team of composers, Streets of Rage 4 will be a masterful tribute to and revitalization of the classic action fans adore.
Epic line-up of legendary games composers
The Streets of Rage series is known for its electronic dance influenced music around the world.
● Yūzō Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3, Ys I & II, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge Shinobi, Shenmue I & II, Super Smash Bros. Brawl for 3DS and Wii U & Ultimate, ActRaiser 1 & 2,…)
● Motohiro Kawashima (Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Shinobi II, Batman Returns,…)
● Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Kingdom Hearts I, II & III, Super Mario RPG, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve,…)
● Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio & Future, Super Monkey Ball, Sega Rally 2,…)
● Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl, Captain Tsubasa,…)
● The comeback of the legendary Streets of Rage series.
● Beautiful graphics fully hand-drawn animated by the studio behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
● Classic gameplay enhanced with brand-new mechanics.
● Soundtrack by a wide all-star line up of world-class musicians.
● Braised chicken everywhere.
Streets of Rage 4 will be sold digitally on the Switch eShop. Limited Run Games is also producing physical versions.
Source: Switch eShop