Nintendo Everything: Random
At this point, I’m sure most of you are familiar with the N64 kid. But just in case you have no idea what I’m referring to, check out this video:
That video was uploaded over nine years ago, and has gained millions of views on YouTube. It goes to show how much it meant to that person having received a N64 for Christmas!
Brandon Kuzma and his sister Rachel, who are now 25 and 22 respectively, recently starred in a new Taco Bell commercial that attempts to recreate the same scene as shown in the original video. View it below.
Smosh Games’ continues its series of “honest trailers” with a new video for Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. Watch it below.
This is the perfect sort of thing for the weekend! I don’t know how anyone would have the patience for it, but one fan has recreated the Super Mario Bros. title screen with 14,000 toothpicks. You can get a look at the results below.
Thanks to kurocchi0509 for the tip.
A little Easter egg has been discovered within the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 30th anniversary website. If you check the source code, you’ll notice that Mario himself is hidden inside! This is actually not on the North American site as far as I can tell.
The folks over at Smosh Games put together this Mario Party 10 video today. It’s supposed to be an “honest trailer” for the game – a bit of fun really!
It’s anybody’s guess as to when we’ll be seeing the Nintendo NX. It could be next year. There’s a good chance that it will be later than that.
Still, that hasn’t stopped EB Games Australia from jumping the gun with in-store pre-orders. I have no clue why anyone would plop down a reservation right now, but it is what it is!
This is indeed a real thing Nintendo has been sending out to members of the press. It’s a bit random!
· In The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Princess Zelda was actually a tough and spunky captain of a ragtag group of pirates. Tetra saves Link from Ganondorf’s clutches, and later helps Link defeat Ganondorf for good to save the world.
· Toadette is a recurring Toad character in the Mario series. These days, she’s a plucky treasure-hunter in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, who puts on a brave face to find rare goodies and save Captain Toad from the monstrous and greedy bird, Wingo.
· Bayonetta is a sassy and incredibly stylish witch with pistol-stilettos and a vendetta against the armies of angels and demons that hunt her. She’s a force to be reckoned with, an ally to her best friend and fellow witch Jeanne and doesn’t take flak from anybody.
· Rosalina is an interstellar observer, protector of the Lumas and friend to Mario in Super Mario Galaxy. She is mother to the Lumas, who are little star-like creatures capable of becoming new galaxies!
· Lucina is an unwavering warrior with a strong sense of justice and commitment to her family. Her power, determination and wisdom gained from watching the destruction of her world are priceless strengths as one of Fire Emblem Awakening’s many playable female protagonists.
· Samus Aran shocked the video game world at the end of the original Metroid game by revealing her gender and changing the way we think about video game characters in the process. Video game protagonists need not be male in order to be strong. Samus is a space bounty hunter in an armored suit, outfitted with a powerful blaster on the arm and extreme heat resistance.
· Bombette is a Bob-omb who joins Mario on his quest in the original Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64. As a member of Mario’s diverse team of fighters, she has an explosive fighting style and isn’t afraid to get physical with her body slam and powerful bomb attacks.
Source: Nintendo PR