Rumor: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 datamine reveals story DLC details, big news about new Blades
Datamining has often led to new information about games being uncovered early. For example, a bunch of costumes were found in update files for Super Mario Odyssey ahead of time, which Nintendo has slowly started adding in over the past couple of months.
Another datamine appears to have taken place for another Switch game, and it’s pretty huge. Details about Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s story DLC have apparently been uncovered, as well as information about new Blades.
We have a roundup of information below – proceed at your own risk.
– Takes place in the Aegis War
– The Driver-Blade mechanic is gone
– Instead you control characters like Addam, Mythra, Brighid, Minoth, Lora, etc. directly
– They all have 7 Arts
– Characters like Addam for example can’t upgrade their weapons with core chips
– Blade data for Jin, Haze and seemingly Malos exists, so they could be potential rewards
– Datamine confirms that The Conduit is the Zohar (might just be a reference to its shape though)
timor Domini principium scientiae sapientiam atque doctrinam stulti despiciunt
(The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. The foolish despise wisdom as well as doctrine.)
audi fili mi disciplinam patris tui et ne dimittas legem matris tuae
(Listen, my son, to the discipline of your father, and forsake not the law of your mother,)
ut addatur gratia capiti tuo et torques collo tuo
(so that grace may be added to your head and a collar to your neck.)”
As far as new Blades go, players will supposedly be able to use Shulk and Fiora in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – both from the original Xenoblade Chronicles. Shulk has the Monado of course, and one of his taunts is apparently “I’m really feeling it”.
As always with these types of situations, we do have to warn that this information is technically not confirmed. However, datamining has proven to be accurate in the past.