Super Neptunia RPG coming to North America and Europe on Switch this fall
Brave Neptunia was recently announced for Switch in Korea (and seemingly Japan). Fans will be happy to hear that it’s also releasing in the west under the new name Super Neptunia RPG.
Idea Factory announced that that Super Neptunia RPG will be available this fall in the west. It will include both English and Japanese audio, along with optional French subtitles. The game will be sold physically and digitally.
Here’s the full announcement:
We are pleased to announce that Super Neptunia RPG will come to North America and Europe this Fall 2018. The side-scrolling RPG will be available on the PlayStation 4, and is the first Neptunia game in Idea Factory International’s history to be published for the Nintendo Switch! In addition to having English and Japanese audio, it will have the option for French subtitles for both NA and EU regions, and will come in both physical and digital formats.
Developed by Artisan Studios in Canada, this game brings the characters of the self-referential Neptunia series to life in a whole new way. Each character was hand-drawn by Tsunako, the artist behind the series, then animated by computer magic to create a world that’s mysteriously gone from three dimensions to two. Explore side-scrolling dungeons and fight in turn-based battles to settle the debate once and for all – which games are better: 2D or 3D?
In a world where 2D games reign supreme, an organization called Bombyx Mori forces its citizens to churn out 2D games as offerings to their leader. Those who dare to use new technologies or whose games don’t meet their standards risk banishment to the soul-crushing Trial Grounds.
A girl awakens in this world with no recollection of anything beyond her name, Neptune, and soon realizes she possesses great strength. With her newfound sense of heroism and a strange book known as Histoire in hand, she sets off on a journey to see if there might be more than this two-dimensional life!
– Old School Dungeons! Explore gorgeously painted, interactive dungeons in a style inspired by classic gaming titles.
– Follow the Leader! Enter turn-based battles where the party’s attack style changes based on the battle leader.
– Switch leaders on the fly, transform mid-battle, and use elemental attacks to maximize your team’s strategy!
– Save Gamindustri! In a time where retro gaming and 3D graphics are at polar ends, this story delves headfirst into the debate for a self-aware ribbing of gaming culture.
– 2D Comes to Life! The hand-drawn art of Neptunia series artist Tsunako is brought to life by Artisan Studios, showing the characters in a whole new way!
We have some screenshots from Super Neptunia RPG below.
Source: Idea Factory PR