Steam Powered Giraffe working on SteamWorld Heist’s soundtrack
Posted on 6 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News, Wii U eShop | 0 comments
Today, Image & Form announced that Steam Powered Giraffe is working on the soundtrack for SteamWorld Heist. The San Diego-based band will create all songs and in-game music.
Additionally, Steam Powered Giraffe will be featured in the game as a troupe that Captain Piper and her crew encounter in bars while recruiting fighters. Image & Form’s announcement also confirms that players will be able to collect sheet music containing Steam Powered Giraffe songs which can be played on a jukebox in Captain Piper’s ship.
SteamWorld Heist will be available in spring 2015. Above you’ll find a music video for “Prepare for Boarding”, the first song from SteamWorld Heist.
Source: Image & Form PR
First SteamWorld Heist gameplay screenshot
Posted on 6 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, Screenshots, Wii U eShop | 1 Comment
Image & Form shared the first gameplay screenshot from SteamWorld Heist over on its blog today. You’ll find it attached above.
SteamWorld Heist will be on both Wii U and 3DS, targeted for February/March
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News, Wii U eShop | 2 Comments
Image & Form has confirmed all platforms for SteamWorld Heist’s release. The game will be available on 3DS, Wii U, PC/Mac/Linux, PS4/Vita and Xbox One. Additionally, Image & Form says SteamWorld Heist is targeted for a February/March launch.
SteamWorld Heist details
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News, Wii U eShop | 0 comments
NintendoWorldReport has put up a preview with some of the first details about SteamWorld Heist. You can find them rounded up below.
– Play as a captain going on a massive raid in space
– Go from base to base with your ship
– Side-scrolling turn-based strategy game
– Defeat enemies, collect the loot, and get out of the base
– Need to strategize to get out of each scenario with your crew intact
– Each character can only move a set amount of steps and can only do so much once they are settled
– If your steps remain within a certain buffer area, you are able to fire at your opponents
– Each character can use an array of guns
– These fall into a wide variety of shot types
– Some only shoot one strong bullet, while others shoot three weaker ones
– Combine these skills with abilities
– Abilities example: let bullets bounce against the walls
– More than just guns
– Can throw grenades and use other special items to get to the loot and harm enemies
– Outside of battle, you have to go to various bars and recruit new crew members
– Once the initial payment is done, they become part of your team until they are defeated
– Need to make sure your captain doesn’t get defeated because that makes you lose all of your crew
– In those rougher places, multiple paths come into play and you have to use your team wisely to explore every nook and cranny
– View maps on the touch screen
– Massive overview map lets you travel to the specific locations
Image & Form announces SteamWorld Heist
Posted on 7 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News, Wii U eShop | 4 Comments
Image & Form has finally unveiled the next entry in the SteamWorld series. Today, the company announced “SteamWorld Heist”.
Here’s an official “elevator pitch” from Image & Form:
SteamWorld Heist is a game about space adventures and survival. Recruit a team of ragtag robots to explore and scavenge the remains of a destroyed world. Board enemy ships and command your crew in a unique variety of turn-based combat.
Taking place some time after SteamWorld Dig, a cataclysmic event has shattered the planet and forced its population into steam-driven spaceships. It’s a robot-eat-robot world out there, and water is desperately hard to come by. Heisting other ships and bases – bad guys fortunately, the lot of them – is their only way to remain in operation.
“Heist isn’t a sequel to SteamWorld Dig,” Image & Form CEO Brjann Sigurgeirsson said of SteamWorld’s Heist announcement. “It’s set in the same world and the cowbots are still the heroes. But a lot has happened to SteamWorld since then, and we want to make a game that is radically different. Partly because we really wanted to make a turn-based strategy game, but also because it felt like a clever move. The obvious follow-up would’ve been Dig 2; we wanted to surprise instead.”
SteamWorld Heist will be available in spring 2015. Check out a teaser trailer above.