2K still saying WWE 2K18 is on track for Switch this fall
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 8 Comments
Since the week that WWE 2K18 was announced for Switch, 2K has only committed to a general “Fall 2017” release. However, some had hoped that it would be out later this month alongside other platforms. This was somewhat due to marketing materials that surfaced at stores over the past few days pointing to the Switch edition possible landing on October 17.
For its part, the “Fall 2017” release window still sticks. 2K is not giving a more specific launch timing beyond that.
The official WWE gaming Twitter account reconfirms:
Fall 2017 is correct.
— WWE 2K18 (@WWEgames) October 4, 2017
Some of the first actual footage has come in for WWE 2K18. While it’s not specifically from the Switch version, it finally gives us a look as to how the game is shaping up. You’ll find plenty of footage below.
WWE 2K18: “New Road to Glory Mode” trailer
WWE 2K18’s official YouTube channel just posted a video showcasing the new Road to Glory mode, featuring a fully customizable character.
You can see the video right below.
2K announces WWE 2K18 season pass and full slate of DLC
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 0 comments
2K announced the full slate of DLC in the pipeline for WWE 2K18. Everything will be extended to Switch players, including a season pass.
Here’s the full rundown:
- Players will gain access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC Purchasable section (excluding downloadable content);
- Players can also decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product;
- The Accelerator will be available for $4.99.
Enduring Icons Pack
- Playable WWE Superstars: The Hardy Boyz;
- Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Beth Phoenix and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express;
- The Enduring Icons Pack will be available for $9.99.
MyPlayer Kick Start
- Players will gain access to unlock and boost MyPlayer ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCareer mode;
- Players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCareer;
- MyPlayer Kick Start will be available for $9.99.
New Moves Pack
- Explore a wide variety of new in-game moves, including the Tie Breaker (made popular by WWE Superstar Tye Dillinger); the Crash Landing (made popular by NXT Superstar Kassius Ohno); the Pumphandle Death Valley Driver (made popular by NXT Superstar Akam); and the Swinging Sleeper Slam (made popular by WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page).
- The New Moves Pack will be available for $3.99.
NXT Generation Pack
- Playable WWE and NXT Superstars: Aleister Black, Drew McIntyre, Elias, Lars Sullivan and Ruby Riot;
- The NXT Generation Pack will be available for $9.99.
A season pass for WWE 2K18 will also be sold, allowing players to purchase select DLC at a reduced price. It will cost $29.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases. You’ll gain access to the following items as they become available:
- Enduring Icons Pack;
- MyPlayer Kick Start;
- New Moves Pack;
- NXT Generation Pack.
Source: 2K PR
The Hardy Boyz to be offered as DLC in WWE 2K18
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 2 Comments
It would be tough to deny that WWE 2K18 has an expansive roster. Two more wrestlers are joining the mix, though only as DLC.
The Hardy Boyz are confirmed to be joining WWE 2K18. Both will be available by purchasing the Deluxe Edition, Season Pass, or their individual pack. The first two items should be distributed on Switch.
— REBORN by FATE (@MATTHARDYBRAND) September 25, 2017
IGN has posted the first gameplay trailer for WWE 2K18. It seems to be a compilation of plays ingame. You can watch this below.
One of the big features in WWE 2K18 is the game’s MyCAREER mode. In a new blog post, full details are revealed as to what players can expect.
Players will be able to choose from two paths in MyCAREEER. The first involves helping the GM succeed, while the second is all about appealing to fans. WWE 2K18 features full free-roaming backstage, meaning you can interact with WWE Superstars and more as well as partake in mini-stories. You may even see friends’ MyPLAYERs backstage. Promos have also been updated and improved.
We’ve posted the full details about MyCAREER in WWE 2K18 from the official blog below.
WWE 2K18 roster adds Vince McMahon
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 3 Comments
WWE chairman and CEO Vince McMahon will be playable in WWE 2K18, 2K Sports has announced.
McMahon was also playable in WWE 2K17. The same goes for the rest of the McMahon family.
WWE 2K18 launches on Switch this fall.
47 new characters revealed for WWE 2K18
Posted on 5 years ago by Joshua in News, Switch | 4 Comments
The roster just keeps on growing.
Today, 2K released the names of the final 47 wrestlers to be present in the newest wrestling game. Below is the 15-minute video containing all the new characters.
The names of the fighters mentioned are as follows.
- Tatsumi Fujinami
- Booker T
- Trish Stratus
- Sycho Sid
- Jake “The Snake” Roberts
- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
- Aiden English
- Big E
- Kofi Kingston
- Xavier Woods
- Shawn Michaels
- Titus O’Neil
- Enzo Amore
- The Brian Kendrick
- Shane McMahon
- Alicia Fox
- Stephanie McMahon
- Ultimate Warrior
- Charlotte Flair
- Curtis Axel
- Bo Dallas
- Kassius Ohno
- Darren Young
- Rich Swann
- Gran Metalik
- Noam Dar
- Jack Gallagher
- No Way Jose
- Primo Colon
- Epico Colon
- Tyson Kidd
- Billie Kay
- Peyton Royce
- Curt Hawkins
- Heath Slater
- Tyler Breeze
Another 41 Superstars confirmed for WWE 2K18
Posted on 5 years ago by Tyler(@tylerlelliott) in News, Switch | 0 comments
Following last week’s reveals, another 41 WWE Superstars have been announced for WWE 2K18. More Superstars are planned to be confirmed next week.
Here’s the full rundown: