Eastward: Octopia release date set for January, new trailer
Today, Chucklefish and Pixpil revealed the final release date for Eastward: Octopia, the game’s upcoming DLC expansion. It’ll be ready to go on January 31, 2024.
Eastward: Octopia was previously announced during a Nintendo Direct in September. It was said to be launching during the holiday.
For those that need a refresher, here’s some information about the DLC:
Set in a parallel world free of hardships and the toxic miasma that dominates Eastward, Eastward: Octopia reveals a cosier set-up for Sam and John. Set in the quaint countryside, the duo settles into the good life, complete with cooking, fishing, and a charming community to call home.
• A peaceful rural life for Sam and John in a beautiful town of Octopia. Escape to the country and enjoy the fresh air in a brand-new safe haven.
• An opportunity for players to get their hands dirty by revitalising an old farmstead and breathing new life into it. Grow crops and live off the land surrounded by adorable pets and stunning pixel environments.
• New culinary delights from John’s Cookbook. Grow ingredients on the farm and utilise crops to create delicious treats, then share these creations with neighbours and build connections through food.
• A thriving community that welcomes Sam and John with open arms. Work together with the townsfolk to build and upgrade new stores and homes, attract fresh faces to the town, and watch Octopia bloom.
• Multilingual experience with support for French, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Chinese (Simplified or Traditional) languages.
View a new Eastward: Octopia release date trailer below.
Release Date Trailer
Remember that Eastward: Octopia is a separate adventure and players won’t need to have completed the main game to access the DLC. It’s in the main menu, so you’ll still need the actual game to access it. Pricing is set at $5.99 / £4.99 / €5.89 for the DLC.