Mario Kart 8 second DLC pack details – Baby Park is 7 laps
Nintendo of Europe published a new press release for next week’s Mario Kart 8 DLC.
Perhaps the most notable piece of information is that Baby Park will be 7 laps long. We also have official English names for the new courses: Animal Crossing, Big Blue, Super Bell Subway, and Wild Woods. Other than that, the new vehicles are Bone Rattler (Bike), City Tripper (Bike), Streetle (Kart), and P-Wing (Kart).
You can find everything you need to know about Mario Kart 8’s second DLC pack below.
15th April 2015 – The captivating world of the Animal Crossing series comes to Mario Kart 8 on 23rd April, when a second downloadable content pack brings 8 new courses, 3 new characters and 4 new vehicles to the gravity-defying racing game available exclusively on Wii U.
On the same day, a free downloadable game update for all Mario Kart 8 owners will enable – for the very first time in the Mario Kart series – races in a new super-speed 200cc racing class, allowing players to experience the game’s different courses in a whole new way, and re-think their victory strategies accordingly. To add to the feeling of racing at chaotic speeds, watch the sparks fly as Mario and others need to brake round those tight bends! In addition, the update will bring unlockable Mii racing suits for the following 9 amiibo characters: Wario, PAC-MAN, Olimar, Bowser, Sonic, Toad, Villager, Rosalina and Mega Man. Players can tap these amiibo figures to the Wii U GamePad to outfit their Mii characters in Mii racing suits themed to these famous gaming icons.
Since its launch in May 2014, Mario Kart 8 has sold over 4.77 million copies* worldwide and was nominated last year for numerous multi-platform ‘Game of the Year’ awards, with its blend of intense racing, beautifully-rendered courses, and much-loved characters. With the release of the upcoming DLC pack alongside a free update, Mario Kart 8 is set to offer yet more options for players to enjoy its unforgettable gameplay.
Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 – Animal Crossing X Mario Kart 8 – £7.00
3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
4 Vehicles : Bone Rattler (Bike), City Tripper (Bike), Streetle (Kart), P-Wing (Kart)
8 Courses :
– Animal Crossing: A special Animal Crossing inspired course that changes season – spring, summer, autumn, winter – each time you race.
– Big Blue: A remastered version of Big Blue from the F-ZERO series.
– Super Bell Subway: Navigate an underground subway, and watch out for oncoming trains to reach the finish line.
– Wild Woods: Drive up and down a giant tree inhabited by Toads and Shy Guys and experience a mysterious landscape.
– Baby Park (GCN): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Double Dash! – prepare for a chaotic course comprising 7 laps.
– Cheese Land (GBA): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Super Circuit – full of cheese-themed obstacles and even a hungry giant Chain Chomp.
– Koopa City (3DS): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart 7 – drive through the pouring rain at night in a city controlled by Bowser, and decked out in dazzling neon lights.
– Ribbon Road (GBA): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Super Circuit – set in a miniaturised world packed with ribbons and toys.
Mario Kart 8 downloadable game update – free for all Mario Kart 8 owners
Main gameplay enhancements provided by the update:
200cc class added for Grand Prix (after completing all 150cc cups with a gold trophy), VS Race, and Online.
9 amiibo characters unlocking Mii racing suits: Wario, PAC-MAN, Olimar, Bowser, Sonic, Toad, Villager, Rosalina and Mega Man.
To purchase Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 prior to release on 23rd April, users with a broadband Internet connection can click the ‘Shop’ icon in the game or visit Nintendo eShop on Wii U. The pack is priced at £7.00, or £11.00 to purchase both DLC Packs 1 + 2, with Pack 1 featuring crossover characters and courses from The Legend of Zelda series. Any user purchasing both DLC Packs 1 + 2 can get access to 8 different-coloured Yoshis and 8 different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.
For the full lowdown on this upcoming content coming to Mario Kart 8 on 23rd April, a new trailer can be checked out via Nintendo’s official channels.
Source: Nintendo PR