First Shin Megami Tensei IV Final screenshots
In a new article from Famitsu, the outlet shares Shin Megami Tensei IV Final’s first screenshots. View them in the gallery below.
Shin Megami Tensei IV Final producer – origins, improvements, trying to make the top 3DS RPG
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 5 Comments
This week’s issue of Famitsu shares the first details about Shin Megami Tensei IV Final. Additionally, the magazine contains an interview with producer Kazuyuki Yamai.
Yamai first talked about how the project came to be:
“We were wondering if there was anything we could do that’s characteristic of Maniax [makers of the enhanced version of Nocturne with Dante, and also Shin Megami Tensei IV] and as we investigated on what could be done, we realized that we just wanted to make a completely new title, and the development started there. ‘Let’s use this occasion to make everything clear’ – those are the thoughts that went into this title, and that’s why we put ‘Final’ in it.”
There are two major points for Shin Megami Tensei IV Final. The first is the necessary “reality” that shows mankind at their limited state while the other is having players step into its ambiguously told story. The latter is because it’ll be a simple RPG in terms of gameplay. The theme is about “should I bond with, or kill them all?”
First Shin Megami Tensei IV Final details
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 0 comments
Yesterday, Famitsu revealed that Atlus is developing Shin Megami Tensei IV Final for 3DS. First details about the game have since leaked out of this week’s issue.
Here’s what we know thus far:
– Takes place in Tokyo
– Year 203X
– In order to avoid destruction from the war against the gods that suddenly broke out 25 years prior, thick bedrock was made to cover the sky
– This also prevented any contact with those outside
– It wasn’t long until the battle ended, and the people of Tokyo began to fight and murder others for the little amount of supplies and resources that remained
– The people have become ruled over by the angels and demons that stood atop the food chain
– Masashi Doi is working on character designs
– See the likes of Merkabah, Lucifer, and others, including Medusa from the previous game, in their refined forms
– 90% complete
Protagonist (CV: Hiro Shimono)
– Has been spending his days as an apprentice of an organization called the Inhumanity Hunter
– While out on a mission, he takes a surprise attack from a demon, and dies
Mysterious Demon (CV: Shuichi Ikeda)
– Wanders the underworld after the protagonist dies and forms a contract with him
– The protagonist is given a new life and the ability to summon demons
Asahi (CV: Seike Tomoko)
– 15-year-old girl and childhood friend of the protagonist
– Part of the Inhumanity Hunter organization
Navarre (CV: Shintaro Oohata)
– Same Navarre from Shin Megami Tensei IV
– After losing his life for something petty, he meets the protagonist when he wasn’t able to properly go to the afterlife
– Currently has the form of a green body
That’s all thus far! We’ll let you know if any other notable information comes in.
Shin Megami Tensei IV Final announced for 3DS
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 31 Comments
Shin Megami Tensei IV Final is coming to 3DS, Atlus has revealed. The game will be released in Japan on February 10 for 6,480 yen.
Teasers from Atlus today suggested that this would be a new version of Shin Megami Tensei IV, but that’s not the case. Famitsu, which has full coverage of the game this week, says it’s an entirely new project set in the same world. “Godslayer” is said to be a keyword.
Atlus is planning a Niconico stream for October 11, which will be held at 7 PM Japan time. Since it’s covered in this week’s Famitsu though, we should be getting information within a day or two. You can find the teaser site here.