Capcom working on a big Monster Hunter Stories update
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 9 Comments | 0 Likes
Monster Hunter Stories will be getting a free major update this summer, Capcom has announced. It’s planned for this summer in Japan.
The update includes the following:
1. New Otomon: Teostra, Kushala Daora, and Rajang.
2. Character can now change appearance (eyes, mouth, hair, makeup) and gender mid-game at player’s house. New character customization parts will also be added that allow the player to dress like the original riders in the Ride On anime: Geenie, Hyoro and Mil.
3. Most of the DLC-exclusive Otomon will be able to be obtained from Monster Nests after passing through the ending, including White Monoblos, Molten Tigrex, Oroshi Kirin and Glavenus.
*Exception applies to collaboration Otomon which will remain obtainable only through DLC.
Monster Hunter Stories is coming west this fall. There’s a good chance that this update will be offered overseas as well in due time.
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers file size
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers’s file size has now been revealed. Nintendo updated the eShop with a listing for the game, showing how much it’ll take up as a digital download. You’ll need 2.7GB of free space on Switch’s internal memory or a microSD card.
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers launches on May 26. If you prefer, you can avoid going digital and pick up a physical version instead.
Thanks to Jes T for the tip.
Capcom: Monster Hunter XX and Generations doing well, Monster Hunter Stories “underperformed”
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 31 Comments | 0 Likes
As was the case with Nintendo, Capcom reported its latest financial results today for the fiscal year ending in March. The company’s digital contents business experienced net sales of 58,704 million yen, up 11.7 percent year-over-year. On the other hand, operating income dropped 8.8 percent from last fiscal year, at 11,096 million yen. Net sales for Capcom’s entire business were 87,170 million yen for an increase of 13.2 percent year-over-year.
Capcom noted that Monster Hunter XX, which just shipped in Japan last month, “is off to a promising start”. Monster Hunter Generations (known as Monster Hunter X in Japan) also “achieved solid sales overseas”. The one disappointment in the series was the RPG Monster Hunter Stories – Capcom says it “underperformed.”
Monster Hunter XX – Zelda: Breath of the Wild collaboration screenshots and art
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, 3DS eShop | 8 Comments | 0 Likes
As previously announced, Monster Hunter XX’s Zelda: Breath of the Wild collaboration has kicked off in Japan. 7-Eleven stores will be distributing the new content through the end of May. It encompasses special gear, quests, and more. Take a closer look at the collaboration below.
Those Monster Hunter Stories amiibo will probably be released in the west
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 4 Comments | 0 Likes
Monster Hunter Stories was finally announced for the west during the most recent Nintendo Direct. However, it was only discussed briefly with a confirmed fall launch in North America and Europe.
In Japan, a number of different amiibo were created for Monster Hunter Stories. Although nothing has been said about the figures in the west, they’re likely heading coming over with the game itself.
The official boxart for Monster Hunter Stories was revealed alongside the overseas announcement. And as you can see, while it seems to have slipped by most people, the packaging image has the traditional amiibo logo tucked away in the top-right corner. As far as we’re aware, only the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo are compatible with the game. So even though folks have been wondering about the Monster Hunter Stories figures, this should mean that we’ll be seeing them in North America and Europe.
Thanks to Jake for the tip.
The Great Ace Attorney 2 character details – Haori Murasame, Soseki Natsume, and Satoru Hosonaga
Posted on 2 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Capcom updated the Japanese website for The Great Ace Attorney 2 with three official character profiles. Supporting characters Haori Murasame, Soseki Natsume, and Satoru Hosonaga are all fully detailed.
Here’s a summary, courtesy of Gematsu:
– Female student at Teito Yuumei University
– Susato Mikotoba’s close friend
– Arrested on a quiet beach, which became the scene of a crime
– She is enrolled in the same study lab as the victim, an exchange student from Great Britain
– Returns home from studying abroad in the British Empire
– Currently the author of the serial novel “I Am A Cat”
– He has attracted attention as an up-and-coming novelist returning home from Great Britain
– During his coverage witnessed an incident
– He is an acquaintance of Ryunosuke Naruhodo from past events
– Imperial police detective
– Witnessed the incident while carrying out a mission at the beach
– In order to provide a perfect testimony, he stands in court replicating his appearance at the time of the incident
– A professional undercover detective, he is an acquaintance of Ryunosuke Naruhodo from past events
Latest Capcom TV featuring The Great Ace Attorney 2, Ultra Street Fighter II
This week’s episode of Capcom TV aired a short while ago. The Great Ace Attorney 2 and Ultra Street Fighter II were the main highlights, but Capcom naturally took the opportunity to show off the already-released Monster Hunter XX. The full recording of the show can be found below.
Monster Hunter XX trailer introduces Detective Conan collaboration
Posted on 2 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Videos | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Monster Hunter XX’s new Detective Conan collaboration is live in Japan. To highlight the event, Capcom released a trailer, posted below.
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers soundtrack sampler
Posted on 2 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Switch, Videos | 21 Comments | 0 Likes
Along with today’s new trailer for Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, Capcom also published a soundtrack sample – see below. In the game, many of the original songs have two versions that players can switch between.
New Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers trailer
Posted on 2 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Switch, Videos | 7 Comments | 0 Likes
A new trailer is now live for Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, which launches on Switch next month. You can view it below.