Submit a news tip



Although these screenshots aren’t from the 3DS version, you can expect all three editions of Time Travelers to look very similar.

Via

Right after we heard from Hideki Konno that he would be open to bringing back Wart, Shigeru Miyamoto has essentially ruled out a return to the character’s original game, Super Mario Bros. 2.

Miyamoto was asked about the possibility of another title which would be much like the NES classic. Unfortunately for fans of Super Mario Bros. 2, his response wasn’t encouraging. Miyamoto basically said it’s a no without saying so directly.

It has nothing to do with technical limitations or anything of the sort. It’s really about how Takashi Tezuka would likely be in charge of the project. The issue, according to Miyamoto, is that Tezuka wasn’t involved with the original game’s development, so “he doesn’t have memories of developing it that he would draw on to re-create concepts in the New Super Mario Bros. series now, from that game in particular.”

“I think the Mario games of that type are really in the hands of Mr. Tezuka at this point. Because he didn’t work on that one in particular, that was one I worked on, he doesn’t have memories of developing it that he would draw on to re-create concepts in the New Super Mario Bros. series now, from that game in particular.”

Source

Once Xenoblade Chronicles was confirmed for North America, The Last Story’s localization announcement wasn’t a huge shock. What was surprising, however, was the fact that XSEED would be publishing a Nintendo game.

So, how did this unique publishing opportunity develop? Director of Publishing Ken Berry shared some of the backstory at E3 2012 last week.

Berry told Kotaku:

Later this summer, Sonic Power will be releasing Air Traffic Controller: Airport Hero Honolulu in Japan. It’ll be available for 5,040 yen. Screenshots of the game can be found above.

Anyone pick this up yet? It’s been out in North America since Sunday! Some fans have been saying that it’s been a bit tough to find at retailers.

As of late, Hironobu Sakaguchi has been focusing his efforts on the iOS title “Party Wave”. While it’s unclear if he’ll once again make meaty console games in the near future, Sakaguchi and team behind The Last Story are looking forward to the Wii U. Moreover, they’d like to make some RPGs for the system.

Lead designer Takuya Matsumoto has said that the GamePad’s screen “will add another level of strategic elements into the action-RPG.” The only issue is that nothing is planned yet.

Here’s how Matsumoto responded when asked if The Last Story could lead to more action-RPGs for Wii U:

“The development team and Sakaguchi-san are looking forward to making more, especially for the Wii U because it has another [screen] right in front of you that will add another level of strategic elements into the action-RPG. So we are really looking forward to it, but we haven’t really planned anything.”

Alright, Nintendo…get to work. Time to ask Mistwalker for some Wii U RPGs.

Source


Manage Cookie Settings