Update: Winner of our Smash Bros. 3DS giveaway is SecretX! We’ll send your code shortly.
Our latest Twitter giveaway is Super Mario Bros. 3 for 3DS. You can enter here. Retro City Rampage: DX giveaway will take place tomorrow afternoon!
There’s plenty of time to enter our Smash Bros. 3DS giveaway! Plus, we’ve kicked off our first Twitter giveaway – EarthBound for Wii U!
Christmas is upon us and New Year’s is fast approaching. Now that we’re in the heart of the holiday season, I wanted to take a moment to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for stopping by and supporting the site. Seriously, I don’t say that enough! You all are the life blood of Nintendo Everything. Those who simply check out what we’re doing, comment, and send in emails mean a great deal to me.
Hopefully you’ll take some time to relax and play some Nintendo games! I’ll be around as usual to cover any news that pops up. I’m not expecting a whole lot to come in over the next week or so, but updates will continue!
Now, since we’re on the topic of site-related stuff, there are a few quick things I wanted to bring up…
1. Many of you have requested a mobile site. It’s taken much longer than I would have liked, but we’re now making this possible! I didn’t want to say much about it and jinx the situation until something materialized, but I can absolutely confirm that we’ll be mobile-compatible very, very soon.
2. A new entry in the Developer Musings series is coming this weekend! Three indies will share their thoughts about the New 3DS.
3. My email service never seems to work properly! I unfortunately had a few hiccups this week. If you sent in a news tip this week (mainly Tuesday/Wednesday) or were expecting a reply, please resend if possible.
4. This might seem slightly out of the blue, but I wanted to give you all a brief staff introduction. I never properly introduced our two new night shift news writers, and figured I may as well let you know who does what on Nintendo Everything.
So here we go!
Brian – I’m the one writing this post, and I’ve been here since the beginning. That was over seven years ago, amazingly enough! I handle most of the news on the site, and I’m primarily responsible for features like Developer Musings, Weekly Screenshot, Just a Chat, and the occasional article/interview. I have no real sleep schedule at this point, haha.
Austin – Austin has been here for quite awhile as well. He led the way on our podcast for over 100 episodes, and I know that I (like many of you) hope to see it return regularly in the future. Aside from podcasting, Austin also writes some very in-depth reviews and is the co-host of Just a Chat.
Patrick – Have you guys seen Patrick’s articles? He puts up some very, very interesting things, which is why I always look forward to reading his features. Patrick just recently wrapped up our “Best of DS” series.
Jon – Jon joined us in late April. I actually can’t believe it was that long ago already! I don’t know where I’d be without Jon, since he’s handled a big chunk of the night shift. When I head off for a brief period of sleep, that’s usually when Jon comes in to post news.
Kira – Kira joined us this past summer and also helps out with the night shift. Again, I’d probably be in major trouble without Kira’s assistance. I need to sleep sometime, right? Kira recently published her first article on the site – read her thoughts on amiibo and Smash Bros. here!
Scott – Scott has been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work as of late. He’s been providing a lot of images for us in particular – including the one in this post!
Vincent – Vincent recently joined the team as a reviews editor. He plans on putting up a review of a Wii U eShop title early next year.
That’s the Nintendo Everything team at present!
5. Nintendo Everything has been around for over seven years now. However, I’d like to think that the site has continuously changed. If you look back on the 50,000+ posts added to the site since late 2007, you’ll notice that we’ve evolved in terms of how we handle Nintendo coverage.
But we don’t want to stop growing! And that’s why it’s absolutely crucial that we hear from you guys. What do you want to see from us in 2015 and beyond? Is there anything you want to see more/less of? Do you have any feature ideas that you’d like for us to consider? Your feedback is extremely important to me. Leave a comment, send an email, or reach out on Twitter/Facebook.
We’re almost done! Keeping in line with the holiday spirit, we’re hosting a few giveaways. On the main site, we’ll be handing out a digital copy of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, and you can win a few smaller titles on our Twitter account as well (stay tuned for news on that).
Entering our Smash Bros. 3DS giveaway is simple. Leave a comment in this post telling us about a holiday gaming memory you have. Or leave some feedback about the site. Those two types of comments are valid for the giveaway.
That’s it. A winner will be chosen at random on January 1. Please note that this giveaway is only open to U.S. residents.
If you’ve somehow gotten this far, what the heck are you still doing here? I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. Go on and enjoy it!