Nintendo relates Wii storage solution to WiiConnect24?
“Aside from SD Cards, at this time the Wii console does not support external storage devices, such as USB drives or external hard drives. While it’s possible to transfer a file manually to an external storage device using an SD Card, there is currently no way to save directly or to transfer files directly to such a device from your Wii console. If such functionality is granted via a future system update and WiiConnect24 is activated, we will post it to our website, and might possibly send notice via the Wii Message Board.” – Nintendo email rep
Usually, when you send an email to Nintendo, you’ll later receive a generic, unhelpful reply. This response, however, is far from useless. Is Nintendo somehow going to take advantage of WiiConnect24 to send data to devices in the future?
WII Fushigi no Dungeon – Furai no Shiren 3: Karakuri Yashiki no Nemuri Hime – 40,000 (40% sell through)
NDS DS Yamamura Misa Suspense – 17,000
Man, that looks pretty darn good!
Sega release dates confirms Sonic Chronicles for September, Sonic Unleashed for November
Picto Image (DS) – September
Sonic Chronicles (DS) – September
Sonic Unleashed (Wii) – November
MadWorld (Wii) – Q1 2009
Awesome: Zelda appears in Half-Life 2
Posted on 12 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 0 comments
Rumor – More LEGO Indiana Jones, lightsaber game in the works for Wii?
Posted on 12 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Rumors, Wii | 0 comments
– KOTOR 3 (An MMO, and a joint project between Lucasarts and BioWare)
– Battlefront 3
– “The Official Indiana Jones” game
– “another LEGO game based on the Indy universe”
– “a lightsaber game for the wii (sorry, no lightsaber peripherals)”
This list apparently comes from an previous employee of LucasArts. Out of everything on that list, a lightsaber game and a new LEGO Indiana Jones title seem the most probably for Wii.
Tenchu IV details – Ubisoft publishing, trilogy planned
Posted on 12 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii | 0 comments
– Main characters: Rikimaru and Ayame
– Story: set one year after the riots caused by the Witchcraft Lord “Tenrai”. There are still some evil people behind the scenes that are causing trouble, and gaining in power. There was also an incident involving the kidnapping of princess Kiku (Lord Gouda Matsunoshin’s daughter). Rikimaru and Ayame must find out what is going on with these happenings.
– “Stealth Ninja Action Game”
– developers are saying that this could be the ‘epitome of the series’
– new character designs
– new actors
– both characters have different fighting styles, and “assassination cutscenes”.
– Stealth actions: hide in water, climb on ceilings, sneak around above the ceiling, hide in the dark, hide bodies, hide within caravans to sneak into heavily guarded locations, and more moves completely new to the series
– special move allows you to quickly dispose of a body into water, effectively hiding the corpse
– ninja tools from previous entries return, and have been reworked for Wiimote/Nunchuk control
– www.tenchu.net may be updated on June 7th with info
Interestingly enough, Ubisoft will be handling the publishing for Tenchu. Ubisoft isn’t developing the title, but I do think the company deserves a bit of praise for picking up this title. It is also known now that two other games are planned for the future.
Japanese hardware sales (5/26 – 6/1)
DS Lite 38,355
Xbox 360 1,959
Nanashi no Game trailer from Square Enix
Posted on 12 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in DS, News | 0 comments
Rock Band 2 hasn’t even been released for the Wii yet, but details on Rock Band 2 have popped up…
“Rock Band 2 lets you and your friends play as a virtual 4-person band, in person or online, to rock out to some of the biggest rock anthems from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s. Rock Band 2 will be a full featured sequel, similar to full featured sequels you see released by other big video game franchises, such as Need for Speed, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Call of Duty, or Halo. In the music/rhythm genre, it is similar to the feature jumps made from Guitar Hero I to Guitar Hero II or Guitar Hero II to Guitar Hero III.”