Full GT.TV episode featuring Reggie and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Posted on 9 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, General Nintendo, News, Videos, Wii U | 2 Comments
GT.TV – Nintendo Power live blog – Reggie btis, Donkey Kong details, VGX tease, more
Posted on 9 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 14 Comments
Update: Over. Full roundup below!
A couple of folks have expressed interest in Nintendo Everything keeping track of the latest GT.TV as it happens. Nintendo will be showing off new footage/levels from Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Reggie as well as Bill Trinen will be appearing.
I’ve decided to create a live-blog type thing, so we’ll have updates (below) throughout the show as they come in. GT.TV starts just after 1 AM ET – expect updates to begin then and last for a half hour or so. We’ll also post the full show when it becomes available later today.
– Reggie’s pitch for the holidays: all about software
– Says Nintendo has Assassin’s Creed, Call of Duty
– Only place where you can play the great Nintendo franchises
– Reggie says games like Super Mario 3D World, Smash Bros., Mario Kart will have a fantastic sales curve over time
– Reggie says these games will be in the top ten selling games across all platforms this gen
– Reggie: in the end, software sells hardware
– 3DS the best-selling system past 5 months in a row
– Reggie says this is because of the software
– Reggie is feeling good about Wii U’s software lineup next year
– He’s confident Nintendo has strong software Nintendo has already announced + in development
– Reggie: Large, diverse install base and an opportunity to drive sales motivates third-party support
– Reggie says Nintendo is working on a lot more with Wii U NFC
– Reggie once again says putting games on mobile doesn’t make much sense, especially for the player since it’s not as good an experience
– Reggie says Nintendo will be different by having a steady of pace of games for Wii U/3DS, marketing throughout the entire year
– Reggie admits Nintendo was a bit quiet in the first half of this year in terms of marketing, won’t make the same mistake in 2014
– Nintendo has something for everyone
– Reggie teases something for VGX (December 7)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
– First big game for Wii U next year
– Jolly Jamboree level
– Jelly blobs bounce you
– Enemy characters bounce as well, flip in the air
– Jolly Jamboree is one of the later levels
– 6 islands
– Go from island to island
– Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong trying to take back the island from the Snomads
– “Kong Pow” – collect 100 bananas, fill up meter, then the players need to time the C button press at the same time to get the new ability to work
– This destroys all enemies on screen
– Transforms them into items
– Items depend on which buddy character you’re playing as (Dixie, Diddy, etc.)
– Dixie: transforms them into golden hearts
– Each golden heart gives you an extra hit before turning into a red heart
– If playing by yourself, can still do a Kong Pow
– In single-player, you’re in control of both characters
– First level back on DK Island: Homecoming Hijinx
– All completely frozen
– Will see little hints that may remind you of the first level from Donkey Kong Country Returns
– All levels on DK Island are different this time
– Bill Trinen says the levels are quite challenging in the game
– Ice has frozen elements in the environment
– Jump on platforms and cause ice to crack/break
– Platforms will break off, other elements will start to collapse
– Plucking ability: pull things out of the ground which triggers different elements in the environment
– Enhanced ability to pick up and throw objects around
– Big change with the camerawork
– This lets Retro do different things with the minecart levels in particular
GT.TV “Nintendo Power” teaser (new Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze levels)
Posted on 9 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Videos, Wii U | 0 comments
“Nintendo Fall Preview” on this week’s GT.TV as well
Posted on 9 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 0 comments
Next week, GT.TV will be hosting an entire show dedicated to Nintendo. But it looks like there will be a few goodies on this week’s episode as well.
New levels from Super Mario 3D World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds will be appearing on GT.TV this coming Friday. We’ll be hearing a bit from Reggie Fils-Aime, too.
As far as next week goes, that’s where we’ll be hearing about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze… and more from Reggie, apparently. A bit confusing, but from what I can gather, there will be Nintendo-related coverage on GT.TV over the next two weeks.
Upcoming GT.TV episode to feature Nintendo
Posted on 9 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 2 Comments
GameTrailers TV has a tradition of featuring Nintendo for an entire episode on an annual basis. It looks we can expect something similar this year as well.
On Twitter, Geoff Keighley confirmed that Nintendo will be highlighted on GT.TV in the future. Reggie Fils-Aime and Bill Trinen are both a part of the episode.
Keighley’s tweet is as follows:
Fun day filming GTTV up at @nintendo with Reggie and @trintran. Lots of goodies coming soon for Nintendo fans.
— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) November 1, 2013
No word yet on when the episode will air, but it should be sometime within the next few weeks.