Skylanders SuperChargers – Bowser gameplay
Posted on 6 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U | 5 Comments
Skylanders SuperChargers footage (GameSpot stage demo)
Off-screen Skylanders SuperChargers footage
Skylanders SuperChargers – amiibo Donkey Kong and Bowser gameplay
Posted on 6 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U | 0 comments
More footage has come in showing Donkey Kong and Bowser in Skylanders SuperChargers. Take a look at the video below.
Skylanders SuperChargers – Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser images
Posted on 6 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Screenshots, Wii, Wii U | 4 Comments
Skylanders SuperChargers introduces Fiesta
Fiesta has been revealed as one of the new characters in Skylanders SuperChargers.
Activision shares the following description:
Despite being undead, Fiesta had always been the life of the party. He was once the head member of a popular mariachi band in the personal court of Count Moneybone, who all undead citizens respected immensely. In his spare time, Fiesta and his bandmates played music for all of the new arrivals that entered the Underworld. However, a day came when the new arrivals were actually several Skylanders, who had come on a mission to stop Count Moneybone from unleashing a robot army on all of Skylands. Fiesta then realized that he, like so many others, had been fooled by the evil Count into thinking he was kind and generous – not the vengeful monster he truly was. Unbeknownst to the Skylanders, Fiesta and his bandmates helped to distract the robot army so they could infiltrate Moneybone’s mansion and put a stop to him. Even though the Skylanders were unaware, this act of bravery and defiance did catch the attention of Master Eon, who recruited him at once.
Like other characters in the game, Fiesta will have his own unique vehicle known as the “Crypt Crusher”.
Check out a couple of videos for Fiesta below.
Rumor: Skylanders SuperChargers dev hints at amiibo support
Posted on 6 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Rumors, Wii U | 9 Comments
During the latest episode of The Giant Beastcast, Giant Bomb co-founder Jeff Gerstman spoke about a conversation he had with the Skylanders SuperChargers development team. Gerstman asked one of the game’s staffers about the possibility of amiibo support. While this person said that Activision and Vicarious Visions are focusing on what they’re showing at the event, he also said: “We’ll have a big surprise at E3.”
That’s an interesting response for sure. Does it mean that Skylanders SuperChargers will make use of amiibo? Only time will tell! Fortunately E3 is just on the horizon.
Update: Amazon – Skylanders SuperChargers pre-orders open, short videos
Update (6/4): Pre-orders are now open on Amazon. You can reserve it here.
Retailers are starting to open pre-orders for Skylanders SuperChargers. You can reserve the Starter Pack on Best Buy here or GameStop here. We’ll update this post when Amazon begins taking pre-orders.
In other Skylanders SuperChargers news, we have a few more clips from the game. Each one can be found below.
Another round of Skylanders SuperChargers details
Game Informer has a new preview up with a whole bunch of details about Skylanders SuperChargers. Read on below for the full information summary.
– new portal has a wider surface for the increased size of the vehicles
– new portal features a slot for the traps from last year’s Skylanders: Trap Team
– new portal does not have voice or light functionality
– traps themselves give you special ammo, and unlock a Skystone of that specific villain [in the trap]
– 20 new figures and 20 vehicles
– possibility of a legacy line along the lines of Eon’s Elite
– all 20 of the new characters have a signature car
– Spitfire rides in Hot Streak; Dive-Clops rides in Dive Bomber; Jet-Vac rides in Jet Stream
– each car, submarine, and airship is equipped with a playable function
– Hot Streak’s wheels spin like any Hot Wheels toy
– aircraft and submarines are equipped with moving parts
– any character can ride in any vehicle
– new vehicle-based animations for all of the characters
– a vehicle won’t appear in the world until a player enters a portal leading to a vehicle sequence
– portals are clearly marked with the vehicle type needed (land, air, or sea)
– some vehicle portals are placed in the middle of a level’s critical path and are mandatory
– other vehicle portals are placed along the side of paths, where secrets and bonuses await
– on critical-path missions, only land-based vehicles are used
– during a vehicle sequence, the character is locked into the driver’s seat and cannot run on foot
– follow a linear path where the camera is positioned behind the vehicle
– tracks have jumps and obstacles
-“Gearbits” are a new form of currency used to upgrade the specific parts on the vehicle
– Gearbits are often positioned in places that help the player navigate obstacles, such as a trail leading up to a ramp
– other driving sections include an arena that looks like a skate park, with its walls doubling as half-pipes
– Hot Streak’s car is equipped with a Flamethrower and lock-on technology
– avoid/destroy enemies in the arena and ring a set of bells to open the arena exit
– when a pilot hops into his or her signature car, the duo becomes SuperCharged, earning a damage boost and other perk
– SuperCharged effect is shown visually through a pulsating energy being given off by the vehicle
– if you finish a vehicle section SuperCharged, the character will still have a damage boost for part of the next on-foot section
– in flight sections, enemies can be locked onto and debris that can be avoided with a quick barrel roll
– one flight mission is in the Cloud Kingdom stage
– this mission uses Stormblade, a bird-like Skylander, and her craft, the Sky Slicer
– fight off an armada of transport ships
– Sky Slicer is equipped with feather projectiles and secondary homing missiles that can lock-on to numerous targets at once
– there is also a submarine section in Cloud Kingdom
– this involves using the Dive Bomber, owned by Dive-Clops
– follow a linear path and have the sub hit jumps to catch air and avoid hazards
– sub is equipped with the ability to submerge beneath the water’s surface
– this portion ends with a battle against rival boats and subs
– use sonar pings to lock-on to these targets
– deactivate a storm-sequencer that is threatening the inhabitants of Cloud Kingdom
– other sub missions include full-on diving
– there are different upgradeable parts for each of the 20 vehicles
– Hot Streak can upgrade the engine and tires
– other cars could offer defensive body and suspension upgrades
– earn instant mods hidden in stages and at the end of specific vehicle sequences
– some returning characters have superhero-like guises that open up a new arsenal of moves
– Super-Shot Stealth Elf has a new green/yellow outfit, is equipped with a rail gun and poisonous/stealth attacks
– she drops her gun, turns invisible, and sneaks up on enemies
– Jet-Vac now goes by Hurricane Jet-Vac
– he can use a hurricane hover attack, narrow the distance to his attackers using a dash kick, and can use his vacuum gun
– Trigger Happy is now wearing red and white gloves and has a new flamethrower gun
– he has been renamed Double Dare Trigger Happy
– Kaos returns as the villain and has a new weapon, the Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction,
– this weapon is capable of eating the sky and everything contained within it
– over 40 minutes of cinematics
– collectible hats, collectible Skystone cards, lock-picking minigames, and laser and block puzzles all return
– same cooperative experience for the on-foot sequences
– does not allow for two vehicles to be onscreen at the same time
– roughly 50 percent of the game is dedicated to vehicle
– level cap has not been increased beyond 2
– digital version of Skylanders: SuperChargers for all systems for people who don’t want to purchase another portal
– download SuperChargers and unlock digital “Instant” versions of Spitfire and Hotstreak for use in the game
– no other characters or vehicles are planned for the Instant line.
Skylanders SuperChargers footage and more
Several videos for Skylanders SuperChargers have come in showing footage, among other things. You’ll find all below.