Fire Emblem Echoes receives new details about characters, systems
Posted on 10 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 10 Comments | 0 Likes
This week’s issue of Famitsu has a new preview on Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. The magazine provides new information about characters and systems in the game. Find a roundup of early details below, courtesy of Siliconera.
Berkut (CV: Tatsuhisa Suzuki)
– Emperor Rigel’s nephew
– Aristocrat that places great importance on social status
– Guided the coup d’etat in Zofia by luring Desaix into betraying, and such
Effie (CV: Atsumi Tanezaki)
– Alm’s childhood friend
– Joins the liberation army wit the sole thought of wanting to be by Alm at all times
– Starting class: “Villager”
Silque (CV: Yuka Inokuchi)
– Was saved by Alm after being imprisoned by bandits
– Entrusts her with a royal treasure called “Mila’s Gear”
– Starting class: Sister
– Choose between “Normal” and “Hard” when first starting
– Can also choose battle rules between “Classic” that has perma-deaths after battles and “Casual” that allows any fallen characters to revive once back on the map
– Royal Treasure “Mila’s Gear”: special item for battles to rewind the movement of a unit
– Mila’s Gear has limited uses
– Since there is no weapon affinity in the game, topography effects are crucial
– Ex: if you try to hit a character in a forest, accuracy lowered by 40%
– Magic ignores topography
– Magic uses HP
New Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia details, screenshots
Posted on 10 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News, Screenshots | 4 Comments | 0 Likes
GameSpot was able to get a taste of what Fire Emblem Echoes has to offer at PAX East this weekend. In a new article, the site shares additional details and screenshots. Find the new content rounded up below.
– Rather than moving directly from mission to mission, a world map allows you to have some freedom in choosing what you do next
– Once again, dungeons are in the game
– Explore dungeons in 3D with a third-person camera
– Dungeons have destroyable objects and treasure chests with items and money to find
– Encounter enemies in dungeons as well
– Engaging one takes you into a standard Fire Emblem battle
= It’s almost like a mini mission, as you still have access to your squad and face multiple enemies, rather than simply taking part in a one-on-one fight
– Gain an edge by attacking the foe in the dungeon before combat begins, reducing their health to start the battle, – Enemies can do the same to you
– Echoes follows a pair of “dueling” protagonists that you’ll swap between
– Celica and Alm each set out to defend their country, but they take different approaches to doing so
– Swap back and forth between the two routinely
– Can spend longer stretches of time playing as one before jumping into the other’s story
– First Fire Emblem game to feature full voice acting (some very minor characters aside)
– Archers can now counter-attack from a single tile away
– Mages now expend a portion of their health in order to cast spells
– Weapon durability seems to be absent
– No support system during battles
– No traditional weapon triangle
– There are still ways to gain an advantage in battles
Fire Emblem 0 series 10 will have cards from Thracia 776, Fates, Heroes; Echoes’ Valentia Complete edition shown
Posted on 10 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, General Nintendo, News | 3 Comments | 0 Likes
Fire Emblem 0 series 8 is coming to Japan on March 17. Since that date is so close, a live stream was held to show off what’s in store in the near future as well as a few months from now.
Not only cards from series 8, but also ones from series 9 were on display. Additionally, we also have news about series 10. Thracia 776, Fates, and Heroes will all be represented there.
If that wasn’t enough, the Japanese Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia – Valentia Complete edition was shown. This included a look at the box, special edition, Blu-ray, and promo cards.
Serenes Forest’s Kirie recaps the entire event below:
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia – “Zophia’s Call” trailer
Posted on 10 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Videos | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
Nintendo has readied a new “Zophia’s Call” trailer for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Watch the video ahead of the game’s May launch below.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia teaser site open
Posted on 10 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Fire Emblem Echoes’ full site should be going up in the near future. For now, you can look at some screenshots and read up on some of the game details.
Fire Emblem Echoes screenshots
Posted on 11 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Screenshots | 1 Comment | 0 Likes
Nintendo’s Hong Kong Facebook page shared a few new screenshots from Fire Emblem Echoes today. Get a look at the images in the following gallery:
Fire Emblem Echoes amiibo apparently unlock a special dungeon
Posted on 11 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 33 Comments | 0 Likes
When Nintendo announced Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia last month, two new amiibo were also revealed. Alm and Celica will both have their own figures. But what functionality do they offer?
According to an Amazon Japan listing, the amiibo unlock a special dungeon. It’s a bit tricky though since the description doesn’t elaborate further. We can’t currently said if the two amiibo unlock the same dungeon or different dungeons. Fire Emblem Echoes is coming to Japan in about two months, so we shouldn’t have to wait terribly long for an official answer.
Thanks to Brian for the tip.
More Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia screenshots
Posted on 11 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Screenshots | 4 Comments | 0 Likes
Amazon Japan has updated its listing with another round of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia screenshots. Get a look at the images below.
Fire Emblem Echoes will only have English voiceover
Posted on 11 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 225 Comments | 0 Likes
According to the Nintendo UK page for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, the game will only contain English voiceover. That means dual audio won’t be included. It was a similar situation with Fire Emblem Fates, so perhaps this news wasn’t entirely unexpected.
First English Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia screenshots
Posted on 11 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Screenshots | 16 Comments | 0 Likes
Nintendo has revealed the first English screenshots from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Have a look at the full set below.
Thanks to Brian for the tip.