North American Hey! Pikmin teaser site open
Posted on 1 day ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Nintendo opened another teaser site for an upcoming 3DS game. Getting ready for its late July launch, Hey! Pikmin’s site is up here. While you wait for the full thing to open, you can catch up on some screenshots and gameplay information.
New Hey! Pikmin details – story, number of levels, more
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 3 Comments | 0 Likes
This week’s issue of Famitsu contains a new Hey! Pikmin preview. The magazine covers the game’s story, amount of levels, and more.
To start off, Pikmin types and abilities are as follows:
– Red: Strong against fire and can move on fiery places
– Yellow: Strong against electricity and doesn’t get paralyzed; can also fly high when thrown
– Blue: Strong against water and useful in underwater explorations
– Winged: Can fly with its feathers; multiple winged Pikmin can allow Olimar to fly
– Rock: Can destroy hard objects
Hey! Pikmin was one of a few 3DS games playable at a press event this past week. Read up on some details about the game below, courtesy of Eurogamer’s preview.
– Three levels playable at a demo event
– From the opening two sectors of the game
– These levels teach the fundamental controls and introduce game concepts
– Gather 30,000 Sparklium to fix Captain Olimar’s crashed spaceship
– Control pad or Y and A buttons move Captain Olimar left and right
– Use the stylus to blow the whistle to get Pikmins’ attention and to activate a jet pack
– Jet pack hovers Olimar a fixed, short distance above the ground where you can move him left or right for a short while
– Use the jet pack to climb ledges
– Throw Pikmin with jabs rather than swipes
– Throw distance determined by how far away from Olimar you tap the screen or what you’re aiming at
– Self-contained levels see you locating Pikmin in order to navigate a play area that consists of moving left to right and finding the occasional hidden cave entrance that houses additional Sparklium
– Recruit Pikmin from vegetative clumps by way of a whistle-blow
– Use the same whistle-blow in order to keep your Pikmin together and in check
– Fling Pikmin to move a block, pull a lever, squash obstacles
– Enemies must be specifically targeted
– No mid-level check-pointing
New Hey! Pikmin footage
Posted on 3 weeks ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Videos | 0 comments | 0 Likes
New footage is just starting to come in for Hey! Pikmin. We’ll be rounding up the various videos below.
European Hey! Pikmin boxart
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Images | 8 Comments | 0 Likes
The European boxart is in for Hey! Pikmin. We’ve gone ahead and attached it above.
You’ll notice that Europe’s packaging image than the one planned for North America. Here’s the one we’re getting stateside to compare:
Hey! Pikmin is being developed by Arzest
Posted on 1 month ago by Matt(@OnePunchMaz) in 3DS, News | 14 Comments | 0 Likes
A quick update on Hey! Pikmin: we now know that the 2D Pikmin spin-off game is being developed by Arzest. Nintendo themselves have not released that information yet – we know that because the game recently received an age rating in Australia (G – General, suitable for everyone) and Arzest was listed as the developer.
Arzest have previously worked on Yoshi’s New Island and the 3DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Hey! Pikmin doesn’t support stereoscopic 3D
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 27 Comments | 0 Likes
Nintendo revealed the boxart for Hey! Pikmin, its upcoming 3DS game. What might not have been immediately apparent is the “Plays only in 2D” label. Indeed: stereoscopic 3D isn’t supported. The bottom screen is used quite often and both screens are used in conjunction, so that’s likely the reasoning here.