Capcom leaks: The Great Ace Attorney collection, new Switch exclusive IP, Monster Hunter tidbits
Posted on 8 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 0 comments
Update: More information has come out of the leak, specifically relating to The Great Ace Attorney. The big news is that localization appears to be in the cards. Plans are in place for English voices. To preserve the original Japanese culture, a screenshot in the presentation shows that evidence will remain in Japanese, but shows English subtitles.
Original: Earlier this month, Capcom suffered a network breach. The company said that the incident occurred “due to unauthorized access carried out by a third party”. It seems that some information was lifted off of Capcom’s servers, as information regarding future plans have now surfaced online.
Part of the leak involves a new Ace Attorney collection from Capcom. At the moment, we only know that The Great Ace Attorney and its sequel The Great Ace Attorney 2 are being brought to Switch. They’ll be offered physically as part of a set with Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy in Japan. There’s been no official announcement yet, so it’s not clear if there are any plans for the west.
The Great Ace Attorney 2 sold through 55% of its initial shipment in Japan
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 5 Comments
The Great Ace Attorney 2 debuted in Japan during the week of July 31. Unfortunately, its sales weren’t entirely great.
Media Create reported a few days ago that The Great Ace Attorney 2 sold about 70,000 copies in its first week (80,000 if you count the double pack with the first game). As for Dengeki, their data is 10,000 units lower at about 60,000.
Tons of footage from The Great Ace Attorney 2
The next Ace Attorney game has launched, though only in Japan. Have a look at a ton of footage from The Great Ace Attorney 2 below.
Latest Capcom TV featuring The Great Ace Attorney 2, Monster Hunter XX on Switch
The latest episode of Capcom TV was hosted earlier today. The Great Ace Attorney 2, along with the Switch verson of Monster Hunter XX, were shown with gameplay. Watch the full recording below.
Latest Capcom TV featuring Monster Hunter XX Switch, The Great Ace Attorney 2
The latest episode of Capcom TV aired last night, and once again featured footage of Monster Hunter XX on Switch and The Great Ace Attorney 2. We’ve included the full recording below.
The Great Ace Attorney 2 – brand new details and screenshots/art, 3DS demo
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News, Screenshots | 0 comments
This week’s issue of Famitsu has a new article on The Great Ace Attorney 2. Brand new information is included in the information, as rounded up below:
– Coroners Courtney Sithe and Maria Goulloyne introduced
– Sithe is the head coroner of Scotland Yard
– This is a position that was only recently created
– Sithe works at the forefront of forensic science with her daughter Maria
– Ryuunosuke meets them when the case he’s investigating calls for more detailed investigation, including fingerprint work
– Sithe can seem blunt, but also makes it clear that she sees her job as her own way of fighting criminals
– New waxworks “kidnapping” case
– In a somewhat off-the-beaten-path corner of the World’s Fair, a waxworks museum has been erected
– It features the works of the Rozaic family
– One of the major figures from the museum’s House of Horrors, which collects London’s major criminals, has gone missing
– Holmes is intrigued by Rozaic referring to it as a “kidnapping”
– It’s not long after he gets there that another bout of Joint Reasoning crops up
– Later, at the trial, Rozaic testifies that the criminal was using the theft to demand a virtual fortune for the figure’s safe return
– She also notes that the wax figures of the museum are created by taking a cast of the person’s face directly
– Pre-order bonus Asinine Attorney mini-cases
– In the first, Asougi takes on a special trial as part of his preparations for studying abroad, going up against a still-angry Payne
– In the second, Holmes takes to the defense bench when Iris is arrested, with Ryuunosuke as his ‘assistant’
Here are some new screenshots and art as well:
Finally, those with access to the Japanese 3DS eShop can download a demo for The Great Ace Attorney 2. It’s similar to the web demo, but with a bit of extra content. The main game can also be pre-loaded (6,446 blocks of space required).
The Great Ace Attorney 2 goes gold, new trailer
Capcom has wrapped up development on The Great Ace Attorney 2. To celebrate, a new trailer was just published online. You can see the video for yourself below.
The Great Ace Attorney 2 launches in Japan on August 3.
Latest Capcom TV with The Great Ace Attorney 2, Monster Hunter XX Switch footage
This week’s episode of Capcom TV aired earlier today and featured The Great Ace Attorney 2 as well as Monster Hunter XX on Switch. Footage of both games can be found below.