Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom details
Posted on 9 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 2 Comments
WayForward and Little Orbit have been answering fan questions about Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom over on Reddit for a new AMA. You can find details collected from the two companies below.
– Much of the gameplay is like the first Adventure Time
– Will have the look of the second game
– No Wii U version planned, but Little Orbit “always looking at new platforms”
– Original storyline that hasn’t been featured in the show/comics
– New characters
– Plenty of suprises
– Timeline is after getting the Grass Sword but before the events of meeting his father
– Game will have details tying it to a specific point in the timeline
– Collect tools/abilities to solve puzzles and reach new areas
– Enormous overworld with secrets
– DLC not planned at the moment
– Plenty of combat options for Finn and Jake
– Gameplay at E3
– No co-op
Scooby Doo & Looney Tunes Cartoon Universe: Adventure details
Posted on 9 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 0 comments
A listing on Best Buy reveals the first details about Scooby Doo & Looney Tunes Cartoon Universe: Adventure. You can find them rounded up below.
– Developed by Warner Bros. Montreal and WayForward
– Join the Looney Tunes crew and Mystery Machine gang in two exciting adventures
– Solve mysteries by completing puzzles and taking on foes
– Help Scooby and his pals reveal the secrets of Kraken Cove
– Team up with Bugs and Daffy to resolve the chaos created by defective MOCME products
– Hunt down clues and solve a pair of brain-teasing mysteries
– Explore the wild and wacky worlds of Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes
– Shield yourself from falling anvils by popping open an umbrella
– Trounce enemies with a mallet that shoots out a boxing glove
– Solve challenging puzzles and go head-to-head with a host of foes
– 16 maps
– 5 boss battles
– Can make a cool look that shows off your fashion sense or a zany appearance as you customize your character with themed outfits and mix-and-match clothing items
– Collect coins, discover hidden rewards, and find gifts/safes/treasure chests to boost your character’s abilities
– Tentative September 2 release date
– $19.99 price point
Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom coming to 3DS in November
Posted on 9 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 6 Comments
Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom will be the next video game entry in the series from WayForward, publisher Little Orbit announced today. It will debut on 3DS, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Steam this November. A Wii U version is not planned.
Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom features a classic top-down action adventure experience and puzzle-solving elements, reminiscent of early high fantasy console games.
Players will be taking on the roles of both Finn and Jake as they navigate through the eponymous kingdom – a mysterious unexplored region in the Land of Ooo. The two characters will find hidden secrets by exploring all corners of a brand new kingdom made just for the game and encounter never-seen-before characters and creatures.
Source: Little Orbit PR
Activision targets June 24 launch for Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is currently on track to launch in June. Activision recently sent out a press release about a DLC pre-order bonus at GameStop (which won’t be available on Wii U/3DS), and noted that the upcoming game is “expected” out on June 24. Let’s hope that date sticks!
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark boxart
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark details
This month’s issue of Game Informer offers up new details about Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark. You can find them rounded up below.
– 3DS version is a grid-based tactical RPG
– Over 50 Transformers characters
– On the 3DS version: “Players will plot their next move on detailed strategic maps, and then engage in epic one-on-one 3D Battle sequences.”
– In the console version, the two worlds (Movieverse and WFCverse) are connected by an ancient relic known as The Dark Spark
– This relic acts as a portal between the two universes
– It’s capable of “Bending the fabric of the universe to (the wielder’s) will.”
– The Movieverse portion of the game will take place during and after Age of Extinction
– The WFC/FOC portion will take place before the launch of the Ark in Fall of Cybertron
– Gameplay similar to Fall of Cybertron
– Story is focused on a single character and will bounce back and forth between over 40 playable characters
– Edge of Reality is trying their best to help innovate and improve upon High Moon Studio’s last three games
– One of these new features is a Unified Leveling System where experience and unlocks are universal between Campaign and the returning Escalation mode and will feature new items, characters, weapons and upgrades
– “Power Foes” have been added to Escalation
– With Power Foes, if your team lasts long enough, boss characters will appear (Such as Fall of Cybertron Megatron)
– Hacks: modify the gameplay by adding in additional variables to Escalation such as higher enemy health, or every robot becoming a massive explosion upon death
WayForward to continue developing Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse “for a couple more months”
Posted on 9 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News | 0 comments
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse doesn’t look like it’ll make its winter release window. On Twitter, WayForward said that the game requires “a couple more months” of development while the team puts on “a few finishing touches.”
The message states:
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse will be in development for a couple more months while we add a few finishing touches. Almost there!
— WayForward (@WayForward) March 3, 2014
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is a strategy RPG on 3DS
There’s been a lot of talk about Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark on consoles since the game was revealed at this year’s Toy Fair over the weekend. But what about the 3DS version?
Although we don’t have a ton of information, GamerFitNation reports that the handheld title will be strategy RPG, as opposed to Edge of Reality’s action-oriented title on consoles. WayForward has also been officially confirmed as the 3DS version’s developer.
Super Indie Connection Sale promo videos
Posted on 10 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U eShop | 0 comments
“Super Indie Connection Sale” Launches Today in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Posted on 10 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U eShop | 4 Comments
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Starting today, Wii U owners can take advantage of limited-time discounts on select indie games in the Nintendo eShop. Now through Feb. 13, fans who own any of the participating games already – or purchase one at full price during the promotion – will qualify to receive 60 percent off all other participating games.