Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom screenshots
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Screenshots | 1 Comment
Cristina Vee is voicing Shantae in Pirate’s Curse
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News | 0 comments
Christina Vee is confirmed to be the voice behind Shantae in the upcoming 3DS eShop game, Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse.
Vee announced the news on Twitter:
AX annoucement 2: When you pick up Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, you'll hear me voicing Shantae! pic.twitter.com/2QfAMcC7lu
— Cristina Vee (@CristinaVee) July 3, 2014
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS footage
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Videos | 0 comments
Wii U and 3DS versions of Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark lack Escalation mode
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark features an “Escalation” mode – a co-op multiplayer survival mode, essentially. In it, players team up to face off against waves of enemies.
Unfortunately, we now have confirmation that the Wii U and 3DS versions of Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark won’t include Escalation. It’s hardly surprising that the handheld version lacks the functionality, as it’s more or less a completely different experience. However, it’s a bit disappointing to see that the Wii U version of Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark won’t offer the mode since the game stacks up similarly to the other console releases.
Source: Activision PR
More Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom details
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 2 Comments
A few more Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom details have come in through a Shacknews previews. You can find them rounded up below.
– Graphical styles approximates the 16-bit era
– Some dungeon walls need to be broken with bombs
– Enemies use common Zelda patterns
– Finn can use a banana that has a boomerang arc
– Jake can hit special switches that open up doorways
– Finn is sent to the Nameless Kingdom by Princess Bubblegum
– After arriving, he’s supposed to assign one of three princesses to lead the kingdom
– They’re all trapped in their own respective dungeons
– Hijinks and Zelda-style adventuring ensue
Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom details
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 3 Comments
Details for Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom have come in, courtesy of a new preview on Joystiq. Here’s what we know about the game:
– Inspired by Zelda: A Link to the Past
– This was due partly to player feedback that criticized Explore the Dungeon’s gameplay for being repetitive
– Also due to feedback from series creator Pendleton Ward
– Ward had “hinted” to Little Orbit that he wanted the next game to be more Zelda-like
– Bigger overworld, dungeon puzzles, light RPG elements
– Can buy health upgrades, damage upgrades or new items
– These can grant hero Finn additional abilities
– Dungeons and temples are constructed around a central theme
– One of these areas is a castle of music
– Here Finn could discover images of various instruments with numbers next to them – clues to a puzzle deeper in the dungeon
– Another puzzle: Finn needs to hit colored switches, which raises/lowers gates in his way
– Puzzles will be designed with trial and error in mind
– This is to appeal to the game’s main demographic, 8 to 12-year-old children
– Art style blends smoothly-drawn backgrounds and environments with pixelated characters and animation
– Designed to appeal to the secondary audience of 18 to 24-year olds
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse trailer #2
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, Videos, Wii U eShop | 0 comments
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse also heading to Wii U, game launching this summer
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News, Screenshots, Wii U eShop | 3 Comments
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse is no longer just a 3DS title. WayForward has also revealed that the game will be released on 3DS.
On Wii U, Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse features HD artwork mixed with pixel-based sprites as well as off-TV play. Both versions incorporate touch-based inventory management system and a real-time map.
As for what’s new in Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse, WayForward’s Matt Bozon told Nintendo Life:
The biggest shift is the Pirate Weapons. This time out Shantae can’t use her dance magic, so she’s forced to learn new tricks in order to vanquish foes and overcome puzzles. The pirate theme isn’t just for story; each item can be used offensively and defensively. You can destroy obstacles with your Scimitar, but it’s also a weapon. Same goes for the Flintlock Pistol – it can hit switches but also blasts monsters at long range. It’s a pretty big departure from the creature transformations seen in the other games in the series. The quest flow is quite different too, with Shantae and Risky sailing together from one land to the next. There is a lot of freedom to explore in Pirate’s Curse. We also have a MAP in the game! It works like the maps in Super Metroid or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, which was a popular request by fans. Last, the scope is a huge change from Risky’s Revenge. Pirate’s Curse is the size and scope of a traditional retail game. After working on it non-stop for a full two years, we didn’t want to skimp on the size. It’s more than twice the size of the previous game!
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse now has a final launch window – Summer 2014.
First Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark 3DS screenshots, details
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News | 2 Comments
Siliconera has obtained the first screenshots and details for the 3DS version of Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark. We’ve rounded up the content below.
– Turn-based combat
– One of your units goes toe-to-toe with an opponent
– 3 rounds to do as much damage as possible before the round ends
– If you’re successful and deplete your opponent’s health, they will be removed from the map
– All Transformers can have up to 7 attacks to choose from each turn
– Each attack has a meter that must be charged up before using it
– With every round that goes by, that meter will fill up by one
– Choosing the right time to use the move is essential, especially with those that require high charging level
– Otherwise you could end up using a move that would have been more effective later
– Gain two extra charging points by successfully block an enemy attack
– In the campaign, you’ll alternate between the Autobots and Decepticons
– Each Transformer has its own moveset and Super Move based on their personality
– Ex: Optimus Prime’s Vanguard is able to pull the enemy’s attention to himself in order to give other units time to heal or move to a safer location
– With each mission, you have a set amount of Energon that each unit can take to activate their Super Move
– The team looked at “most of the major games” in the strategy RPG genre on the market, especially on the 3DS, while developing the game
– They also want it to be a game that can be enjoyed by people that don’t normally play strategy RPGs
-2D sprites on the map
– In battles, you’ll see the Transformers in full 3D
– All of the Transformers have textures applied in the game
Another new Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse screenshot
Posted on 5 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, Screenshots | 0 comments
WayForward has shared a second new Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse screenshot on Twitter. You can find it below.
— WayForward (@WayForward) June 5, 2014