Nintendo Everything: News
We already knew that the Pikmin shorts would be available on 3DS. It has since been confirmed that the distribution will be on the eShop, though there won’t be an option to download the video. Additionally, the Pikmin shorts will be available on Wii U as well.
Nintendo recently held a media event to showcase its upcoming holiday lineup for Wii U and 3DS. There were a few games on hand like Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Sonic Boom was also featured, complete with a presentation from SEGA.
There was one noteworthy tidbit shared during the Sonic Boom presentation. According to GameTrailers’ Kyle Bosman, the company revealed that players will be able to unlock an extreme difficulty mode after clearing the game once. However, what exactly makes the mode “extreme” is currently unknown.
SEGA did stress that it’s targeting the core audience with Sonic Boom, and there will be difficult portions of the game. There were also frequent mentions of Jak and Daxter. You won’t be running through levels too often, as Sonic Boom is primarily a slower-paced adventure experience. There will also be hub worlds that can be expanded over the course of the game.
An unnamed indie developer (currently going as “Robin64″ on NeoGAF) has revealed a new game for the Wii U known as “Break the World”. It’s an Alleyway clone set to be released on the eShop sometime in the future.
Here’s what we know thus far:
– 8 locations
– 3 levels in each
– 1 or 2 secret levels as well
– Marathon: has every level in order to obtain the highest score
– Level Select (temp): pick a world and the three levels loop, with blocks starting to slide down faster with each loop
– 3 paddles to choose
– Each paddle has its own power
– Paddles can level up
– Ex: at level 1 the red paddle fires one laser shot, but at level 10 you get ten shots
– May have leaderboards at launch, but definitely at some point
– There is a screen showing full stats that you can post to Miiverse
– Off-TV play supported