Nintendo Everything: News
Yet another photo has landed on the Japanese Splatoon Twitter account. This time around, we learn a bit more about the Octopus Army Corps:
We have obtained a photograph of one of the fighters in the Octopus Army Corps. They control a hovercraft-like vehicle using the end of their tentacle, while shooting ink from the nozzle. Their attacks are strong, but perhaps they are a little dim; when the hero hides in ink, for these soldiers, it is as though they suddenly disappeared.
A new Streetpass puzzle has arrived today via Spotpass, Ultimate NES Remix puzzle. To accompany that new puzzle panel you will also find a special guest from Nintendo (Koichi Hayashida) has arrived in your Streetpass Mii Plaza as well.
You know how these things work. The ESRB rates a classic GBA game for Wii U, and then Nintendo releases the title soon after in North America.
That’s probably what will be happening with Mario Pinball Land. The game just received its ESRB rating for Wii U, likely signaling its launch on the North American eShop tomorrow. We won’t know for sure until the official press release is published, but I’d say it’s pretty likely at this point!
A few hours ago, a report from Famitsu revealed that Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire sold more than 1.5 million copies in Japan over the weekend (from Friday through Sunday). We now have a bit of additional news about how the games are performing worldwide.
In a follow-up report from The Pokemon Company, Famitsu reveals that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire collectively sold 3.04 million copies in North America and Japan. This number indicates that roughly 1.5 million units were sold in North America alone.
Atlus has announced various downloadable content for Etrian Odyssey II Untold: The Knight of Fafnir. View some images and details about each below.
– First wave of DLC will be available when the game comes out in Japan
– This includes illustrations from the first three Etrian Odyssey games
– Can be used in Classic Mode, where you get to make your own characters
– Will be free
– Next DLC is a DLC for the Highlander class
– Free for the first two weeks after release
– 100 yen afterwards
– Third DLC is 250 yen
– This is a repeatable quest that can be played in order to get special ingredients
– Use these to make foods that are said to be pretty good for making money
– Fourth DLC is priced at 350 yen
– This features a special hot springs quest where you’ll get to fight the giant toad monster
– The DLC also includes images for Arianna and Chloe, which can also be switched around in Story Mode
Nintendo has another round of shop maintenance taking place on Monday. From 10 AM PT to 5:15 PM PT, the Wii U and 3DS eShops, Wii Shopping Channel, and DSi Shop will be unavailable.
Also, we’ll quickly mention that a small amount of Hyrule Warriors maintenance is taking place later today. That will happen between 4:50 PM PT and 6 PM PT.