SEGA has included a special feature in 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2. By completing the title, players will gain access to Super Sonic mode. This allows Sonic to begin the game with all of the Chaos Emeralds and 50 rings so he can turn into Super Sonic at any time.
Nintendo Everything: News
Nintendo opened the official Japanese website for Super Mario Maker today. Thanks to information included on the page, we have additional details about how amiibo works in the game.
Super Mario Maker will support over 99 amiibo costumes. With the exception of the Mii fighters, there will be compatibility for every figure, including Pokemon, Chibi-Robo, and some of the Animal Crossing cards.
We have one other important tidbit as well: players will be able to obtain the various costumes without amiibo. It’s possible to earn them by playing through the 100 Mario Challenge.
Included in Nintendo’s latest financial report is an updated release schedule for both Wii U and 3DS. We’ve attached it in full below.
Nintendo’s latest financial results are in. The company reported its latest data today, which covers April 1 through June 30.
Here’s a quick look at how Nintendo performed during the most recent quarter:
– Generated more than $729 million (90 billion yen) in sales
– Up from $603 million (75 billion yen) during the same period last year
– Operating income of $9.3 million (1.1 billion yen)
– Major improvement from the loss of $76 million (9.5 billion yen) the company reported during Q1 2015
– Outpaced analyst estimates in this area as well
– Wall Street and financial experts around the world were expecting the company to report a loss of around $1 million
– Nintendo also reported an earnings per share of 56 cents
– Q1 2016 wasn’t only a decent quarter for Nintendo in comparison to 2014
– In terms of net sales, Nintendo hasn’t made this much money since its fiscal 2012
– First positive operating income for a Nintendo Q1 since its fiscal 2011
– Even though the company generated more revenue in fiscal 2012, that was the year it spent a serious amount of cash on research and development for the Wii U
– Splatoon sold 1.62 million copies
– This even helped push a few extra Wii U systems, according to Nintendo
– Nintendo still expects to generate $4.6 billion in sales and $404 million in operating income for its entire fiscal 2016
– Those estimations are in line with what the company previously predicted at the end of fiscal 2015
– Wii U has now sold over 10 million units
Market Expectations for Q1 were as followed:
EARNINGS FORECAST: Net loss of ¥125 million is the consensus of four analysts surveyed by Nikkei, compared with a year-earlier loss of ¥9.9 billion.
REVENUE FORECAST: Revenue of ¥89.17 billion is the market forecast, compared with ¥74.7 billion a year earlier.
Nintendo Q1 FY15 Results:
Net Sales: ¥90.233 billion yen
Operating Income: ¥1.149 billion yen
Net Income: ¥8.284 billion yen
Hardware & Software Q1 Results:
3DS HW: 1.01 million
Wii U HW: .47 million
3DS SW: 7.92 million
Wii U SW: 4.55 million
Nintendo FY15 Guidance:
Net Sales: ¥570 billion yen
Operating Income: ¥50 billion yen
Net Income: ¥35 billion yen
Hardware & Software FY15 Guidance:
3DS HW: 7.6 million
Wii U HW: 3.4 million
3DS SW: 56 million
Wii U SW: 23 million
Additional Information Q4 (Software/Hardware Shipments, Digital Sales, Cash & Equivalents):
Splatoon: 1.62 million
Digital Sales: ¥12.0 billion yen
Cash & Equivalents: ¥882.808 billion yen
Pokemon XY – 13.99 million
Pokemon ORAS – 10.27 million
Super Smash 3DS – 7.04 million
Super Smash Wii U – 3.83 million
Mario Kart 8 – 5.43 million
A brand new update is heading to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, and includes a lot of stuff, both free and paid, the official Smash Bros. Japanese Twitter has just announced.
Tons of Mii Fighter costumes are being included in this new update. These include both original costumes as well as character inspired outfits such as King K Rool from Donkey Kong and Chrom of Fire Emblem.
Here’s a look at what will be made available on July 31st:
• Parka costumes, which can be used by all three Mii types
• King K Rool costume for Mii Fighters
• Chrom Costume for Mii Fighter
• Hyrule Castle 64 Stage
• Peach’s Castle 64 Stage
• Tournament Mode
• Ability to save and post replays to YouTube
More costumes and information will purportedly be revealed via the official Smash Bros. Twitter account tomorrow as well, so stay tuned!
You can take a look at some photos of what the update has to offer below:
Girls Like Robots just launched in the Japanese eShop today along with a bunch of other titles you can find here. Check out some footage for the game below!
Nintendo is including a booklet with all physical copies of Super Mario Maker. In Japan, we’re hearing that the item will be sold directly by Nintendo online to anyone who bought the digital version. They’ll also have access to a free PDF version – as is the case in Europe.
Teyon has released a trailer for Zombie Defense, which is heading to the Japanese Wii U eShop next week. View it below.
We originally heard about Zombie Defense last December. The game was rated in Germany, and it now looks like it’s ready for launch on the eShop. Zombie Defense should be coming to the North American and European Wii U eShops eventually.
In the latest trailer for Super Mario Maker, the game’s Japanese packaging was unveiled. What you see above is the “box” it will come in. And inside is the Super Mario Maker disc (with its own boxart) and artbook.
It’s basically a throwback to the boxart for the original Super Mario Bros. on Famicom! Pretty neat stuff.
Thanks to Jake for the tip.