Since Bravely Default isn’t out in North America until February, there aren’t a whole lot of reviews published for Bravely Default. However, it’s true that the game launched in Europe last week, and a few verdicts emerged leading up the game’s release in PAL territories. A roundup of reviews can be found below.
EDGE – 8 / 10
Eurogamer – 8 / 10
IGN – 8.6 / 10
ONM – 90 / 100
Nintendo Life – 9 / 10
NintendoWorldReport – 9.5 / 10
NowGamer – 9 / 10
Bike Rider DX2: Galaxy is launching on the Japanese 3DS eShop next week. While it won’t be releasing in the west just yet, Spicysoft has sent out several details about the digital release, including:
- 12 stages of the Galaxy Tour
- Each is based on the 12 zodiac signs
- Traps, new gimmicks, three new power-ups
- Twice as many gimmicks as the original
- Drill Rider: crash rocks
- Wing Rider: freely fly around the stage
- Frog Rider: perform super charge jumps
- Each stage has its own setting, special gimmicks
- Each stage has its own music theme as well
- Normal Mode, Grand Prix Mode
- Renewed stage creation system for Grand Prix
- Has 10 times more variety
- Online rankings (weekly and total)
- 30 extra courses after beating the 12 stages of the Galaxy Tour
- These are “pretty hard” to “absolute nightmare” difficulty levels
- Need medals to unlock these courses
- Earn medals by beating normal stages and earnings awards
- New “challenge” system
- Receive a golden crown if you don’t use the directional buttons and collect all three medals
- These will be needed to unlock the very last extra stage
- Supports DLC
- One special stage can be downloaded for free at launch in Japan
Spicysoft also says it will “be trying our best to bring this title to you in 2014″. I imagine we’ll be seeing Bike Rider DX2: Galaxy overseas next year in that case.
Source: Spicysoft PR
As promised, SEGA is continuing to release new entries in its 3D Classics Series. Next up: 3D After Burner II.
3D After Burner II launches in Japan on December 18. Pricing is set at 800 yen.
For the game’s official website, check out this link. A few screenshots can be found above.
Two new Virtual Console games are on track for the Japanese Wii U eShop next week. Romancing SaGa (Famicom) and Super Dodge Ball (Super Famicom) will be out on December 18. Pricing is set at 800 yen and 500 yen respectively.
One new game has been confirmed for the Japanese 3DS Virtual Console. Final Fantasy (Famicom) will be out on December 18. Pricing is set at 500 yen.
SEGA has prepared a new update for Sonic Lost World on Wii U. The full patch notes can be found below.
• Collecting 100 rings will now grant the player an extra life.
• In the event of a Game Over, we have doubled the amount of lives the player will begin with when continuing. (From 5 to 10)
• The Indigo Asteroid, Crimson Eagle, Orange Rocket, and Black Bomb Color Powers can now be controlled using the analog stick and buttons.
• Fixed a rare graphical issue that would sometimes appear during the pinball section of the Frozen Factory casino area.
• When completing the NiGHTMARE DLC, users will be notified that they can re-play it after scoring 100,000 points.
• Items will now appear on the world map.
Marvelous AQL has shared more Harvest Moon: Connect to a New Land screenshots and details introducing several new characters. A roundup of the latest content can be found below.
- Antique shop keeper
- Can marry him
- May look young, but has the mind and demeanor of an adult
- Treats any lady with full respect
- Being around and with him will make anyone feel refreshed
- Can buy furniture and accessories (like paintings) from him
- Mistel’s older sister
- Has an abundance of information and extensive knowledge
- Like her brother, she’s filled with a natural tendency to kindness and a refreshing nature and is very caring
- Can sometimes get very involved with her writing, spending all day sitting at her desk
- Otherwise, you’ll find her leisurely strolling around town and enjoying the sights
- Iris is another marriage candidate
- Runs the only inn in town
- Very generous, sometimes letting people stay for free if they’re broke
- Lily’s father (weathergirl)
- Also the father of daughter Melti
- Lovable child with girlish charms whose head is still stuck in the clouds
- Thinks her prince will arrive and take her away to love forever
- Whenever there’s a cute boy around, she’ll try to appeal to them
- Always gives love advice to her elder sister Lily
- General store owner
- Wanders at his own pace in his old age, sometimes secluding himself in his house to read a book
- On holidays and rest days, he’ll be in his garden doing some gardening as one of his hobbies
- Has been getting more forgetful lately
Update: Shortly after we posted the trailer below, Dex reached its Wii U stretch goal on Kickstarter. Expect this one on the eShop in the future!