Miitomo is the most-downloaded iOS game in the U.S. in its first day
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Mobile, News | 46 Comments
Based on a report from market-tracking firm Sensor Tower (as relayed by GamesBeat), Miitomo is currently the most-downloaded game for iPhone and iPad in the United States. Even though it’s a free download, it’s an impressive feat for a title that only just launched today.
With its initial success, Sensor Tower believes that Miitomo could surpass 200,000 downloads on the iPhone alone after 24 hours given averages for past apps that have topped the charts. Another 20,000 downloads would likely stem from the iPad. Of course, this doesn’t account for how Miitomo has done on Android.
With Miitomo launching in territories outside of Japan today, Nintendo has prepared a new video for its debut mobile app. View it below.
Miitomo live in North America and Europe
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Mobile, News | 78 Comments
Miitomo is now available to download in both North America and Europe. You should be able to grab the app for both iOS and Android.
Miitomo is version 1.1.0 around the world. That means it should include the features that were added to the Japanese version yesterday.
Listen to some Pokemon GO music
Posted on 4 years ago by Matt(@OnePunchMaz) in Mobile, Videos | 0 comments
The Pokemon GO beta test has recently started in Japan and as such, a select group of people is currently testing the game. However, while the app doesn’t work if you’re outside Japan and not part of the beta, someone was able to rip some of the game’s music and upload it to Youtube. Give the following playlist a listen – it includes remixes of some very familiar Pokemon themes.
Japanese Miitomo TV commercial
Posted on 4 years ago by Matt(@OnePunchMaz) in Mobile, Videos | 3 Comments
Happy Miitomo launch day, everyone! While the game will be released in the West at some point today, it’s been available in Japan for a couple of weeks now. Today, Nintendo released a new TV commercial for Miitomo, which I think captures the spirit of it pretty well. Check it out below:
Miitomo version 1.1.0 out now in Japan with new features
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Mobile, News | 3 Comments
Update: We’re also hearing that with today’s update, it’s possible to use a Nintendo Account and sign in with it from territories outside Japan.
Nintendo has brought out a new version of Miitomo in Japan. Version 1.1.0 should be live on iOS and Android.
As we mentioned before, this update introduces a number of new features. To recap, they are as follows:
– Added feature for making friends with friends of your friends
– Mutual friends will now appear in the list of suggested friends
– Added the “View online answers” button to the All Answers screen
– Changed hashtag and image for sharing an answer to the event version
– Fixed other issues
Miitomo is launching tomorrow outside of Japan.
A little bit of Pokemon GO footage from the field test
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Mobile, Videos | 5 Comments
A sliver of Pokemon GO footage has emerged from the app’s new field test in Japan. It shows a bit of customization as well as a brief look at the map. Take a look at the video below.
More Pokemon GO details and screenshots
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Mobile, News | 8 Comments
The Pokemon GO field test is now live in Japan. New details and screenshots have leaked from the event, which is rounded up below courtesy of Nintendo Inquirer.
- There will be no battles against wild Pokémon, instead you simply catch them directly using various Poké Balls.
- Trainers are customizable with different options.
- 137 different attack names have been found in the game’s code, confirming battle systems. Some of the moves include Flamethrower and Hyper Beam.
- There are an additional 95 “fast” versions of the discovered 137 attacks.
- Players will receive a starter Pokémon, though in the beta version this does not happen.
- A new game function with the name “Starburst” has been discovered – details surrounding it are unknown.
- References to Google Cardboard, a mobile VR peripheral, have been found within the game’s data.
- There are three “teams” the player can join: Red Team, Blue Team, or Yellow Team.
- Only first generation Pokémon exist in the beta; it’s unclear if this will be the case for the final version of the game.
- There are multiple versions of the defense stat, though the reasoning behind this is unclear.
- There are seven object categories: Poké Ball, Potion, Revive, Maps, Battle Objects, Food, and Camera. Food and Camera details are unspecified.
- The following items are the only ones available in the beta: Poké Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Master Ball, Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion, Max Potion, Max Revive, X Attack, X Defense, X Miracle, Razz Berry, Bluk Berry, Nanab Berry, Wepear Berry, Pinap Berry, and Special Camera.
- X Miracle is a new item. Its effects are unknown as of right now.
- Pokémon Natures are present, but differ from the main games. Currently, the ones found are: Stoic, Assassin, Guardian, Raider, Protector, Sentry, and Champion. Their roles are currently unknown.
- Microtransactions are available.
- A day-night cycle is confirmed.
- Normal, Legendary, and Mythical Pokémon are all present, and Pokémon are categorized as such.
- There is no evidence of Mega Evolution, however it’s unknown if this is only true for the beta.
- Supposedly, Pokémon are only allowed two moves during Gym Battles.
And here’s a closer look at what has been data mined thus far:
Miitomo, My Nintendo confirmed for March 31 launch in North America and Europe
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Mobile, News | 62 Comments
Miitomo and My Nintendo will officially launch this week in North America and Europe, Nintendo has announced. Nintendo’s debut mobile app for iOS and Android, as well as the new rewards program, is set for March 31 outside of Japan.
By preregistering for Miitomo with a Nintendo Account before March 31, you’ll receive an email when the app is ready to download. Those who go through this simple process will be rewarded with Platinum Points on My Nintendo.
Regarding My Nintendo, users can redeem Platinum and Gold Points for rewards that include games, download content, in-app items and eShop discount coupons. Platinum Points can be obtained by interacting with Nintendo apps and services like Miitomo. Gold Points are handed out after digital versions of games are purchased from Nintendo.com or the eShop.
In Europe, users who sign up for a Nintendo Account by the end of April will be able to download Flipnote Studio 3D for free. The download can be claimed by linking a Nintendo Account to the Nintendo Network ID used on a 3DS. The download option on the Flipnote Studio 3D page will then be available between March 31 and April 30.
It’s also worth noting that Nintendo will be bringing out an enhanced Wii U and 3DS shop on Nintendo.com and Nintendo of Europe site on March 31 for users with a Nintendo Account to purchase digital games. It’ll have over 2,000 games that can be accessed on personal computers or smart devices. All purchases can be sent directly to a 3DS or Wii U for download. Additionally, it will be possible to “easily find and purchase games that are new, popular and on sale, as well as use filters to search by genre.”
Head past the break for today’s full announcement.
English Miitomo site now shows March 2016 launch notice again
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Mobile, News | 19 Comments
Towards the end of last week, those who visited the English Miitomo site noticed that the page had removed its mention of the planned March 2016 launch. This discovery had some people concerned that the app had been delayed in the west, and wouldn’t be available by the end of this week as originally planned.
As far as we know, Miitomo should still be coming out in territories outside of Japan within the next few days. The English Miitomo site now has the original notice about it arriving in March. It’s unclear why it was removed in the first place, but this news should mean that everything is still on track.
Thanks to tonybaker87 and MichaTeddy93 for the tip.