Dragon Quest X Switch boxart
Posted on 1 day ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Images, Switch | 4 Comments | 0 Likes
Following up on Dragon Quest X’s confirmed launch on Switch in September, Square Enix has shared the official boxart. See it above.
North American Hey! Pikmin teaser site open
Posted on 1 day ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Nintendo opened another teaser site for an upcoming 3DS game. Getting ready for its late July launch, Hey! Pikmin’s site is up here. While you wait for the full thing to open, you can catch up on some screenshots and gameplay information.
Monster Hunter XX Switch commercial
Posted on 2 days ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Switch, Videos | 0 comments | 0 Likes
The first commercial for Monster Hunter XX on Switch has been published on Nintendo’s Japanese YouTube channel. Watch it below.
Dragon Quest X launches for Switch in Japan on September 21, first footage on Switch’s screen
Square Enix has announced that the Switch version of Dragon Quest X is launching in Japan on September 21. It will be priced at 4,800 yen, with weekly fees coming in at 1,000 or 1,500 yen for three or five characters.
On top of that, we have new footage of Dragon Quest X running on Switch with gameplay on the system’s screen from the official “Countdown Carnival” live stream. View that below.
In Japan, Square Enix is planning a beta for Dragon Quest X in Japan. Fans can sign up here for the event to be held between July 19 and August 10.
Monster Hunter XX – Switch vs. 3DS comparisons
After coming to 3DS earlier in the year, Monster Hunter XX will now be gracing Switch in Japan. Capcom confirmed a late August release on Nintendo’s new console in Japan earlier today. To see how the two versions compare, take a look at some comparisons created by Gaijinhunter below.
European Dr Kawashima’s Devilish Brain Training: Can you stay focused? boxart
Posted on 2 days ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Images | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
Brain Age: Concentration Training originally launched in Japan back in 2012. In North America, the game followed a year later. Now after so many years have passed, it’s coming to Europe as Dr Kawashima’s Devilish Brain Training: Can you stay focused?
Thanks to Amazon, we now have the official European boxart. Have a look at the packaging image above.
Cave Story+ file size
Posted on 2 days ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 0 comments | 0 Likes
When Cave Story+ arrives in June, you can pick up the game in one of two ways. Nicalis intends to release the game physically, though it will also be sold on the eShop.
The Switch eShop has now updated with the size for Cave Story+. It’ll take up 137MB of space, which is definitely on the low side.
Cave Story+ launches in North America on June 20.
Source: Switch eShop
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia includes a hidden Sound Test mode
Posted on 2 days ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
You may not be aware of it, but Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia actually has a hidden Sound Test mode. Accessing it is quite simple. On the title screen, press ↑ ↓ ← → ↑ to access it from Extras. Then you should be good to go. Just be warned that some track titles could be considered spoilers.
Dragon Quest XI – Countdown Carnival live stream recording (new footage)
Update: Added in some details rounded up by Gematsu below.
During the “Countdown Carnival” hands-on events for Dragon Quest XI, Square Enix hosted a special stage for the game and showed off some brand new footage. Check out the full recording below.
– A desert town called Samadhi was revealed
– Before the development of Dragon Quest XI, the staff went to Machu Picchu, so you may see its atmosphere reflected in the map
– White monsters on the Dragon Quest Life website are called “incarnations of time”
– You’ll frequently encounter them in various locations throughout the game world
– Horii couldn’t say too much about these monsters, as it would be a spoiler
– There are about 20 bases, including villages, towns, and castles
– A Japanese-stlye, Jipang-esque “fire town” was shown
– A major event will happen here
– Dragon Quest XI will have a “Restricted Play” system
– This lets you to play the game with certain restrictions
– A screenshot was shown where shopping was restricted
– Even when you talk to the owner of the shop while playing with shopping restrictions, you won’t be able to see what he is selling
Monster Hunter XX for Switch debut trailer, first details, Switch bundle revealed
Posted on 2 days ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 63 Comments | 0 Likes
Capcom has released the first trailer for Monster Hunter XX on Switch. We’ve gone ahead and posted it below.
Capcom also shared the first details about Monster Hunter XX on Switch today. Here’s what we know as of now:
– 1080p docked, 720 portable
– Control scheme is refined to fit well with Switch in both TV and portable mode
– Local and online 4-player multiplayer
– You also can play it together with 3DS if you use internet
– You can bring back Switch save data to 3DS too
– You can bring almost all save data from X to Switch’s XX
– And you can share save data of XX in between 3DS and Switch
– Switch hardware bundle
– Not only the dock, but the console itself has a unique design (to be shown later)
– Refined UI
All of this information was shared at the Monster Hunter Championship 2017 event held in Japan today. As noted in our last post, the game launches on August 25. No word yet on a western release at this time, but Switch is region free.