XSEED shows off Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns’ upcoming DLC
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Screenshots | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns arrived in North America earlier this year, but XSEED has additional plans for the game. As promised, the DLC will be translated and released in the west. XSEED shared a few screenshots of the upcoming DLC today, which you can see below.
Layton’s Mystery Journey details
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 5 Comments | 0 Likes
Update: Added in additional details below.
Original: Level-5 issued a new media blast for Layton’s Mystery Journey today. Along with screenshots, the latest information was also published.
Professor Hershel Layton has suddenly disappeared, so in order to find her father, Katrielle begins a “General Shop and Puzzle-Solving Detective Service” and establishes the Layton Detective Company. She takes on all sorts of cases from finding pets to determining culprits in murder cases, and her bizarre ideas continue to result in her achieving accurate results in solving mysteries. Obtaining such a reputation, the Layton Detective Company continues to receive many kinds of requests.
More maintenance lined up for Switch / Wii U / 3DS
Nintendo has added three new periods of maintenance to its schedule. Switch, Wii U, and 3DS will be impacted tonight and next week as well, affecting online play, rankings, etc.
The maintenance schedule is as follows:
– 6 PM PT (May 18) – 8 PM PT (May 18)
– 9 PM ET (May 18) – 11 PM ET (May 18)
– 2 AM in the UK (May 19) – 4 AM in the UK (May 19)
– 3 AM in Europe (May 19) – 5 AM in Europe (May 19)
Switch / Wii U / 3DS
– 9 PM PT (May 18) – 2 AM PT (May 18)
– 12 PM ET (May 19) – 5 AM PT (May 19)
– 5 AM in the UK (May 19) – 10 AM in the UK (May 19)
– 6 AM in Europe (May 19) – 11 AM in Europe (May 19)
Switch / Wii U / 3DS
– 6:45 PM PT (May 24) – 8 PM PT (May 24)
– 9:45 PM ET (May 24) – 11 PM ET (May 24)
– 2:45 AM in the UK (May 25) – 4 AM in the UK (May 25)
– 3:45 AM in Europe (May 25) – 5 AM in Europe (May 25)
Dragon Quest XI will have smithing system
Posted on 1 month ago by Nick in 3DS, News | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
In the Weekly Jump, Square Enix showed off the “Mysterious Smithing” system that would allow players to create and strengthen weapons, armor and other forms of equipment.
Here is the process for the smithing system:
– You must obtain a recipe for the Mysterious Smithing, they will be on book shelves and various other locations
– Then you must collect the necessary material for the project, these will be found in locations like fields
– Then start Mysterious Smithing and strike at the ore to fill up the on screen gauges. You will be aiming for the success zone on these gauges
– There are “special skills” that will assist you in your smithing endeavors
– Collect “Restrike Gems” to power-up already obtained equipment
Dragon Quest XI is coming to the 3DS in Japan on July 29th and is still planned to release on the Switch.
New screenshots of Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy
Posted on 1 month ago by Nick in 3DS, Screenshots | 0 comments | 0 Likes
There are quite a number of new screenshots from Layton’s Mystery Journey. Check out all of them below.
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology details – Sub History, Prison of Time
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
Famitsu has new coverage of Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology this week with a two-page article. Two elements in particular are covered: the Sub History and Prison of Time. Read up on the details below, courtesy of RPGSite.
– Access Sub History straight away in Perfect Mode
– Nemesia also shows up at the story prologue
– Newcomers to Radiant Historia are recommended to choose the Append Mode, where Nemesia doesn’t show up at prologue and the Sub History would be accessible only after the first two histories have been cleared
– Two new episodes from Sub History introduced (see below)
“The Saint Speaks”
– Nemesia has been searching for a material called Artifact to prevent the continent from turning into a desert
– When she visits the Alistel city, the founder and ruler of Alistel, Prophet Noah is giving a speech
– However there are rumors that people who plan to assassinate him have slipped in
“The Promise Crosses Over Time”
– Looking for the Artifact which is the key in stopping the desertification of the continent, Stocke and Nemesia visit Granorg, the world of possibilities
– Searching for a certain pendant while gathering information
Prison of Time
– New extra dungeon
– Access it after reaching a certain point in the game
– Available once an event with the guide of Historia, Lippti, is triggered
– Dungeon is a dangerous place with strong enemies
– Items cannot be used here
– Beating enemies in the Prison of Time will reward Moment
– This is a special currency that is only usable at this location
– Collect Moments and speak with the Time Jailer to trade with precious items that cannot be bought in ordinary shops
– There are items that can only be obtained with Moment trade, such as the Secret Scroll that allows characters to learn Support Skills, which are also new to this game
New overview trailer showing off Culdcept Revolt
NIS America has uploaded a trailer showing off the general overview for their upcoming game, Culdcept Revolt. Culdcept Revolt will be launching on August 29th this year over in the west. Check out the new trailer below.
Scans roundup – Hey! Pikmin, Ever Oasis, Layton’s Mystery Journey, more
This week’s Famitsu scans are now available. Highlights include Hey! Pikmin, Ever Oasis, Layton’s Mystery Journey, The Snack World, Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, and Dragon Quest XI. Scans of all games are below.
Media Create sales (5/8/17 – 5/14/17)
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS, News, Switch | 32 Comments | 0 Likes
The latest Japanese hardware sales from Media Create are as follows:
Switch – 24,712
New 3DS LL – 13,643
PS4 – 12,334
PS4 Pro – 4,961
Vita – 4,114
2DS – 2,862
New 3DS – 1,021
PS3 – 325
Wii U – 157
Xbox One – 149
For comparison’s sake, here are the hardware numbers from last week:
Switch – 47,911
PS4 – 20,963
New 3DS LL – 20,457
Vita – 7,158
PS4 Pro – 6,991
2DS – 5,355
New 3DS – 1,169
Xbox One – 677
PS3 – 407
Wii U – 397
And here are the software charts:
April 2017 NPD: Switch sells over 280,000 units, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe more than 550,000 copies
Nintendo has shared some preliminary information about the latest NPD report. During the month of April, Switch hardware and one game in particular stood out.
Switch was the best-selling piece of gaming hardware in the U.S. last month at over 280,000 units. It’s the second month in a row that Switch has come out on top in gaming hardware sales. In Nintendo’s announcement today, the company said that “April sales of Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems (more than 68,000 units sold) combined to make up almost half of all hardware sales across all dedicated video game systems.”