Shantae: Half-Genie Hero – Pirate Queen’s Quest launches August 29
Posted 4 days ago by Brian in News, Switch, Wii U | 4 Comments
The big Pirate Queen’s Quest DLC for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is just on the horizon. It’ll be out on August 29, WayForward has announced.
The studio wrote in a brief tweet:
Shantae: Pirate Queen's Quest will launch on August 29th!! Who's excited for Risky's first solo adventure? pic.twitter.com/TmA9Zjq2aA
— WayForward (@WayForward) August 18, 2017
Pirate Queen’s Quest will be free to Kickstarter backers. WayForward will also offer the DLC as paid content.
Nintendo Minute – Gaming Gauntlet Challenge + Giveaway
Posted 5 days ago by Brian in General Nintendo, Videos | 0 comments
This week’s episode of Nintendo Minute has gone live. In today’s video, Kit and Krysta put their gaming skills to the test in a gaming gauntlet challenge, and host a new giveaway. Watch the full episode below.
More: Nintendo Minute
Are hot dogs sandwiches? Switch owners decide
Posted 5 days ago by Brian in News, Random, Switch | 46 Comments
A few weeks back, Nintendo sent out a notice to Switch owners asking them if a hot dog is a sandwich. The results were published yesterday. 54 percent of respondees said that hot dogs are sandwiches. The other 46 percent disagreed.
Super Mario Odyssey director Yoshiaki Koizumi weighed in on the subject during a Reddit AMA a couple of months ago. He personally does not believe that a hot dog counts as a sandwich.
This whole thing is a bit silly, we admit. But it’s a somewhat interesting use of the Switch’s news feature. Nintendo added in options to send feedback with “Great” or “Oh” options following a firmware update, and we’re sort of seeing it be put to use now.
New Alola Photo Club feature revealed for Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
Posted 5 days ago by Brian in 3DS, News | 14 Comments
News about Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon continues to pour in. Today, Game Informer shared a first look at a new feature in the game called Alola Photo Club.
By using Alola Photo Club, you can take pictures of yourself and Pokemon present in your party. You can choose from various poses while dressing up your character, along with different lenses and cameras. More items can be unlocked based on the relationship with your Pokemon as you progress in the story.
Here’s the first footage of the Alola Photo Club:
Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon video – Kommo-o’s new Z-Move Clangorous Soulblaze
Posted 5 days ago by Brian in 3DS, Switch, Videos | 0 comments
Crunching Koalas bringing Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition, Butcher to Switch
Posted 5 days ago by Brian in News, Switch eShop | 2 Comments
Crunching Koalas has two new games lined up for Switch. The studio will be bringing Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition and Butcher to Nintendo’s console at some point in the future.
Lichtspeer describes itself as “an unforgiving fast-paced lightspear-throwing simulator set in an ancient germanic future.” On Switch, a new and exclusive co-op mode has been added in.
Butcher was previously released on other platforms, similar to Lichtspeer. The tough 2D shooter has players taking on enemies and defeating them in all sorts of ways.
We’ve included overviews and trailers for Lichtspeer and Butcher below.
Layton’s Mystery Journey 3DS release confirmed for October 6 in North America
Posted 5 days ago by Brian in 3DS, News | 5 Comments
Yesterday, Nintendo announced that the 3DS version of Layton’s Mystery Journey is due out on October 6 in Europe. The company has now followed up with news about North America. We’ll also be seeing Layton’s Mystery Journey stateside on October 6.
As tweeted by Nintendo of America:
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) August 18, 2017
Nintendo announces Splatoon 2 UK championship
Posted 5 days ago by Joshua in News, Switch | 0 comments
Splatoon 2 fans in the UK are being graced with an official tournament hosted by Nintendo UK. According to the company, a total of eight teams of four players will qualify to compete in a grand final to be held at EGX 2017.
Nintendo advertises the rewards of this tournament as “the adoration of Splatoon 2 fans the UK over,” as well as a trophy, a bundle of Splatoon 2 merchandise, and a coveted champion’s jersey.
More details on the tournament and how to join are in the source below. Happy splatting!
More: Splatoon 2
LEGO Dimensions – The Powerpuff Girls trailer
Posted 5 days ago by Brian in Videos, Wii U | 5 Comments
Warner Bros. has introduced a new LEGO Dimensions trailer showing off the upcoming content based on The Powerpuff Girls. View it below.
The LEGO Dimensions Powerpuff Girls Team Pack and Fun Pack will be sold starting on September 12. The Teen Titans Go! Team Pack and Fun Pack, and the Beetlejuice Fun Pack will be available on the same day.