Europe is getting Monster Hunter Stories on September 8
Posted on 4 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
Monster Hunter Stories now has a final release date in Europe. Today, Nintendo announced that the game is set to arrive on September 8.
Monster Hunter Stories is without a concrete date in North America as of now. Nintendo is still sticking to a vague “fall” release window.
Source: Nintendo PR
The Great Ace Attorney 2 screenshots
Posted on 5 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Screenshots | 0 comments | 0 Likes
The Great Ace Attorney 2 boxart
Posted on 5 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, Images | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
The Great Ace Attorney 2 – case 3 details, character art
– Case 3 involves an explosion at the World’s Fair that kills a gentleman taking part in an experiment
– The scientist in charge, Benjamin Dovinbow is arrested
– Dovinbow has come to the fair to wow the crowd with a world-first piece of tech: a special cage that will teleport the cage – and whoever’s inside – to the Crystal Tower
– When he throws the switch, there’s a massive explosion
– The man taking part in the experiment is killed
– The body (and from the shot of the victim, the cage) actually did show up at the Crystal Tower
– Chief Justice Vortex assigns Ryuu to the case, and he and Iris head out to investigate
– At the scene, Ryuu and Iris run into Gina, who’s tagging along with Gregson as a detective-in-training
– Or as she’s very insistent on putting it: she’s now _Inspector_ Lestrade
– Her dog is Inspector Toby
– At the trial, van Zieks calls a variety of witnesses, including a Bohemian boy Gotts who was visiting the World’s Fair and witnessed the experiment from a flying balloon
– New jury and two other unnamed witnesses
– Return of the “Questioning” system when there are multiple witnesses on the stand
– DLC costumes
– Susato and Ryuu have costumes designed for them by Iris, while Holmes has a self-designed “Eastern outfit”
Capcom’s latest comment on Monster Hunter XX localization
GameSpot reported today that after reaching out to Capcom, the publisher has no plans to localize Monster Hunter XX for the west. The series’ official Twitter account has since put out the following:
Just to clarify: our official response is we have not announced any plans to localize MHXX at this time. https://t.co/mI31mcrrvE
— Monster Hunter (@monsterhunter) June 14, 2017
Admittedly, that comment doesn’t really clarify the situation. Capcom did tack on “at this time” though, so perhaps they don’t want to rule out localization entirely. GameSpot also didn’t post Capcom’s original statement word-for-word – it was instead a paraphrase – so that certainly doesn’t help things.
In any case, Monster Hunter XX isn’t heading west… for now. It’s unclear if and when that will change.
Capcom says it has no plans to localize Monster Hunter XX
Monster Hunter XX may end up being a Japanese-only title – at least for the time being. GameSpot got in touch with the company directly to ask about any plans for a western release. Unfortunately, Capcom said it has no plans to localize the game. If that ever changes, we’ll definitely let you know.
Monster Hunter XX originally came out on 3DS last year. If you’re interested in the upcoming Switch release though, importing could be an option for some as the system is region-free.
Nintendo seems to be publishing Monster Hunter Stories in the west
Posted on 5 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, News | 7 Comments | 0 Likes
After debuting in Japan last October, Monster Hunter Stories is heading west this fall. What’s interesting about the western release is that Nintendo seems to be publishing the game in all overseas territories.
Our first hint came from the April Nintendo Direct where Monster Hunter Stories’ localization was announced. Rather than Capcom, Nintendo was included in the publisher label when the footage was introduced.
Now we have the Australian classification to go off of as well. Capcom is included as the “author” (developer), but once again, Nintendo is listed as its publisher. This could be the first Monster Hunter game to be published by Nintendo in all western regions.
Video: “Yoshinori Ono Vs. Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers… Fight!”
Posted on 5 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Switch, Videos | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Nintendo UK has a bizarrely random video up with Capcom’s Yoshinori Ono, in which he tries to mimic moves available in Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers. See how he did below.
More Monster Hunter XX Switch footage from Capcom TV, Monster Hunter Stories Amazon pre-orders
Posted on 5 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Switch, Videos | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
The new Switch version of Monster Hunter XX was again showcased on this week’s episode of Capcom TV. Watch the full recording below.
On a related note, Amazon has opened pre-orders for Monster Hunter Stories. Pre-order the game here.
Monster Hunter XX Switch footage
Posted on 5 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Switch, Videos | 4 Comments | 0 Likes
During a live stream hosted today, Capcom showed off actual footage from Monster Hunter XX on Switch. We’ve posted the gameplay below.