Full GT.TV episode featuring Reggie and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, General Nintendo, News, Videos, Wii U | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
GT.TV – Nintendo Power live blog – Reggie btis, Donkey Kong details, VGX tease, more
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 14 Comments | 0 Likes
Update: Over. Full roundup below!
A couple of folks have expressed interest in Nintendo Everything keeping track of the latest GT.TV as it happens. Nintendo will be showing off new footage/levels from Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Reggie as well as Bill Trinen will be appearing.
I’ve decided to create a live-blog type thing, so we’ll have updates (below) throughout the show as they come in. GT.TV starts just after 1 AM ET – expect updates to begin then and last for a half hour or so. We’ll also post the full show when it becomes available later today.
– Reggie’s pitch for the holidays: all about software
– Says Nintendo has Assassin’s Creed, Call of Duty
– Only place where you can play the great Nintendo franchises
– Reggie says games like Super Mario 3D World, Smash Bros., Mario Kart will have a fantastic sales curve over time
– Reggie says these games will be in the top ten selling games across all platforms this gen
– Reggie: in the end, software sells hardware
– 3DS the best-selling system past 5 months in a row
– Reggie says this is because of the software
– Reggie is feeling good about Wii U’s software lineup next year
– He’s confident Nintendo has strong software Nintendo has already announced + in development
– Reggie: Large, diverse install base and an opportunity to drive sales motivates third-party support
– Reggie says Nintendo is working on a lot more with Wii U NFC
– Reggie once again says putting games on mobile doesn’t make much sense, especially for the player since it’s not as good an experience
– Reggie says Nintendo will be different by having a steady of pace of games for Wii U/3DS, marketing throughout the entire year
– Reggie admits Nintendo was a bit quiet in the first half of this year in terms of marketing, won’t make the same mistake in 2014
– Nintendo has something for everyone
– Reggie teases something for VGX (December 7)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
– First big game for Wii U next year
– Jolly Jamboree level
– Jelly blobs bounce you
– Enemy characters bounce as well, flip in the air
– Jolly Jamboree is one of the later levels
– 6 islands
– Go from island to island
– Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong trying to take back the island from the Snomads
– “Kong Pow” – collect 100 bananas, fill up meter, then the players need to time the C button press at the same time to get the new ability to work
– This destroys all enemies on screen
– Transforms them into items
– Items depend on which buddy character you’re playing as (Dixie, Diddy, etc.)
– Dixie: transforms them into golden hearts
– Each golden heart gives you an extra hit before turning into a red heart
– If playing by yourself, can still do a Kong Pow
– In single-player, you’re in control of both characters
– First level back on DK Island: Homecoming Hijinx
– All completely frozen
– Will see little hints that may remind you of the first level from Donkey Kong Country Returns
– All levels on DK Island are different this time
– Bill Trinen says the levels are quite challenging in the game
– Ice has frozen elements in the environment
– Jump on platforms and cause ice to crack/break
– Platforms will break off, other elements will start to collapse
– Plucking ability: pull things out of the ground which triggers different elements in the environment
– Enhanced ability to pick up and throw objects around
– Big change with the camerawork
– This lets Retro do different things with the minecart levels in particular
Hideki Kamiya reiterates interest in seeing Bayonetta 1 on Wii U
Hideki Kamiya wants the original Bayonetta on Wii U. This is something he’s said previously, but his interest was reiterated on Twitter earlier today.
It seems that the only potential roadblock would be Nintendo. Kamiya said it’s up to the company to decide if Bayonetta 1 will make its way to Wii U.
Kamiya’s tweet in full states:
As I've told u before, we want to release Bayo1 for WiiU, but that's what Ninty decides. So ask Ninty.
— ???? Hideki Kamiya (@PG_kamiya) November 21, 2013
Pokemon X/Y reach 1 million mark faster than any other 3DS title
Nintendo has released a new infographic highlighting impressive stats about Pokemon X/Y. You can find it above.
Source: Nintendo PR
European Wii U “Mario Mega Bundle” comes with 3 games, Mario Wiimote, Mario hat
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 4 Comments | 0 Likes
Next week, Nintendo will begin selling the “Mario Mega Bundle” for Wii U in Europe. The package comes with a Wii U Premium Pack, Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, a Mario hat, and a Mario Wii Remote Plus. Pricing is set at £299.99. You can find the official page here.
Masahiro Sakurai on Smash Bros. development, workload, more
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, General Nintendo, News, Wii U | 7 Comments | 0 Likes
Masahiro Sakurai published yet another column in this week’s Famitsu. Sakurai talked all about working on the new Smash Bros., games including his workload, schedule, living arrangements, and more. You can find a roundup of Sakurai’s quotes, courtesy of Polygon’s translations.
Trademarks hint at localizations of Dragon Quest games
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
Two Japanese trademarks hint at future localizations for Dragon Quest titles. Don’t let the fact that they’ve been registered in Japan fool you – the names themselves are in English: “Luminaries of the Legendary Line” and “The Seeds of Salvation”.
Neither title actually includes the “Dragon Quest” name. But both use similar alliteration as past games, like Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen, Hand of the Heavenly Bride, Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation, and Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies. Previous overseas launches have also been outed first by trademarks.
Nintendo Download (11/21/13, North America)
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, DSiWare, News, Podcast Stories, Wii U eShop | 0 comments | 0 Likes
This week’s North American Nintendo Downloads are as follows:
Wii U Retail
Super Mario 3D World – $59.99 (available Nov. 22)
Wii U Download
Coaster Crazy Deluxe – $9.99
EDGE – $1.99
The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths – $14.99
Wii U VC
Brawl Brothers – $7.99
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds – $39.99 (available Nov. 22)
Mario Party: Island Tour – $39.99 (available Nov. 22)
Christmas Wonderland 3 – $7.99
Ohno Odyssey – $5.99
Jewel Match 3 – $6.99
City Connection – $4.99
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies – “Turnabout Reclaimed”
Hands On! Tangrams – $4.99 / 500 points
Your favorite gaming friends – on sale now – The savings continue! Starting today, select games featuring your favorite blue-helmeted hero Mega Man are available at a special discount. Now through 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 28, save 30 percent each on Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, and Mega Man 4 on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Be sure to visit the Nintendo eShop each Thursday to see what’s on sale next.
Source: Nintendo PR
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U screenshot (11/21/13)
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Screenshots, Wii U | 3 Comments | 0 Likes
Along with today’s screenshot, Sakurai passed along the following message on Miiverse:
Super Mario 3D World is out today in Japan! To commemorate the occasion I had these four…people(?) come together in a group shot.