Reggie on admiration from Nintendo fans, Switch’s early success
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News, Switch | 26 Comments | 0 Likes
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has a great deal of admiration within the Nintendo community. Between his initial appearance when he joined the company in 2004 to his famous “My body is ready” quote, fans have really become attached to him.
CBC recently asked Reggie about what it’s like having his fans and becoming a meme in a way. Regarding this, he noted:
“I was a fan and a player before I was an executive with the company. I grew up playing the Super Nintendo. My favourite game is The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past. And for me, it was serendipity.
I think what our fans see is someone who loves the content, who loves the company. I’m passionate about what I do. I’m fortunate that some very creative things come out of my mouth, and then the fan base just takes it and runs with it. It’s been a fantastic journey, now coming up on almost 14 years.”
New Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Fire Emblem amiibo up for pre-order at Walmart
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 6 Comments | 0 Likes
Walmart has opened pre-orders for all of the new amiibo announced this past week. You can now reserve the latest Zelda, Metroid, Mario, and Fire Emblem figures.
Here’s the roundup:
Metroid: Samus Returns devs on decision to remake Metroid II, bringing back 2D Metroid, more
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, General Nintendo, News | 3 Comments | 0 Likes
Game Informer caught up with two of the developers working on Metroid: Samus Returns at this year’s E3. The site spoke with Nintendo producer Yoshio Sakamoto and José Luis Márquez of MercurySteam.
During the conversations, there was talk about why Metroid II is being remade and bringing back 2D Metroid. Sakamoto was also asked to clarify the story of making Samus female at the end of the original Metroid.
Continue on below for some excerpts from the interview. The full talk is over at Game Informer.
Chrom, Tiki amiibo packaging
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, Images | 7 Comments | 0 Likes
Nintendo revealed a whole slew of amiibo at E3 this week. Among these were two new Fire Emblem amiibo for Chrom and Tiki.
Thanks to Amazon Japan, we have a look at the packaging. The boxes for both amiibo are above. They’ll be the same in the west, just with the English text for Chrom and Tiki’s names.
Rumor: Super Nintendo World concept art, details on what’s planned and cut
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, Images, Rumors | 8 Comments | 0 Likes
Unconfirmed concept art, renderings, and details surrounding Super Nintendo World are making the rounds. Parkscope has since published a report with apparent insight into what’s staying and what’s been scrapped since those images were created.
Here’s what we know based on the site’s article:
– General layout and original entrance to Super Nintendo World shown
– Enter through Peach’s castle (located roughly where Animal Actors is now) into a large indoor area
– The indoor area would feature a Nintendo World Store, a Pokemon area (not elaborated on), Luigi’s Pizza (don’t think too hard about what they’d do with the other Luigi’s Pizza), a small tea cups like ride with Koopas, and a Bullet Bill TTA-like rid
– Going clockwise around the land is a Kirby young kids area with one ride and a kids wet/dry play area
– Kirby area has apparently been cut
– Donkey Kong Island takes inspiration and setting from the Donkey Kong Country series
– The first attraction is a large kids play area tree fort similar to the one Donkey Kong has at the beginning of each game
– The second attraction is an outdoor coaster using the boom coaster patent
– This coaster will be a new attraction and not a retheme of the Woody Nuthouse coaster
– At this point the coaster is remaining in the final plans
– Unclear if the kids play structure remains
– Mario Kart ride concept has evolved since the initial proposal
– The ride will retain the same scope and scale as the concept art
– There’s a debate about the use of projections and “AR” glasses in the ride to replicate the battle items during racing
– AR will be used to show the shells, bananas, and other items on the track
– Bowser’s Airship ride and Luigi’s Mansion interactive play area shown in concept art
– These concepts seem to be sacrificial lambs for Mario Kart
– When the budget restraints hit these will be the first attractions removed so the Mario Kart ride doesn’t get touched
– Hyrule/The Legend of Zelda area apparently cut from the final plans
– In prior released images you can see a preshow with Princess Zelda and the implementation of the ‘puzzle moving theater’ patent
– Other famous areas from the series like the Great Deku Tree and Kokiri Village show up in the land along with an “interactive area”
– What is not leaked, but expected to be coming to the land, is the Yoshi dark ride
– The Yoshi dark ride will be an all ages ride aboard Yoshi ride vehicles
– Refocus on Mario and Donkey Kong only for Phase 1 the Zelda area
– Smaller attractions, and Kirby area have been jettisoned to future expansions in other parks
And the images in question:
New Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You! art
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, Images | 0 comments | 0 Likes
A new piece of art is now being distributed for Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You! We’ve included it above.
Fire Emblem 0 live stream shows off upcoming Fire Emblem Echoes DLC, cards
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS, General Nintendo, News | 0 comments | 0 Likes
The regular live stream for the Fire Emblem 0 card game was held in Japan earlier today. It showed cards from series 9, illustrations from series 10 / 11, and DLC coming to Fire Emblem Echoes on June 22. The full live stream report recap can be found below.
Red figma pre-orders open, more photos
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Here’s what you can expect from the Red figma:
– The smooth yet posable figma joints allow you to act out a variety of different scenes.
– A flexible plastic is used in specific areas, allowing proportions to be kept without compromising posability.
– He comes with a standard face plate with a confident look as well as a shouting face plate for battle scenes.
– The figma comes with the first partner Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle.
– A backpack as well as a Poké Ball are also included for various poses.
– An articulated figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
View some additional photos of the Red figma below.
Level-5 looking to publish more games in the west, “looking into” Inazuma Eleven
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 14 Comments | 0 Likes
Level-5 is taking on more of an ownership role for its franchises in the west. With the Layton series for example, Nintendo was in charge of those games for North America and Europe. But with Layton’s Mystery Journey, Level-5 will be self-publishing the game this fall.
Director of production at Level-5 abby, George Valko, was recently asked what the publishing experience has been like in a recent interview. He said the following:
“It’s been fun and also challenging. Everything you try adds a new initial frustration and challenge, but we’ve learned a lot and it’s made us a bigger and better company. So we’re really looking forward to our next titles, we know exactly what we’re going to do and how we’re going to do it. That said, we’re looking forward to publish more and more as we release more and more games.”
Valko was specifically asked if Level-5’s plans include the Inazuma Eleven series. Regarding this, Valko said: “That’s something we are definitely looking into, but we can’t really give a definitive answer at the moment.”
Latest Nintendo Treehouse Log updates cover Metroid, Super Mario Odyssey, and more
Posted on 1 week ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News, Switch, Wii U | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Over the past couple of days, the Nintendo Treehouse Log on Tumblr added in several new entries. Metroid, Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Splatoon 2 received posts.
Here’s the roundup:
– Up Close and Personal with Samus Aran
– What’s in a Box? (Super Mario Odyssey)
– Coach JC’s Ultimate ARMS Champ Summer Camp, Part 1: Hoops
– Coach JC’s Ultimate ARMS Champ Summer Camp, Part 2: V’ball
– The 900 Wonders of the World (Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
– Salmon in the Summer (Splatoon 2)