interview Archives - Page 2 of 149 - Nintendo Everything

Submit a news tip

interview

Konami has ruled out Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 for Switch. However, the company seems open to bringing the series over in the future.

Global product and brand manager Adam Bhatti told Eurogamer:

“One thing that I will say about the Switch is, we’re getting asked that quite a lot. The fact is, we’ve announced all the platforms that PES 2018 is coming to. But as I’ve been saying to a lot of people, we have a great relationship with Nintendo – we’ve obviously brought out Bomberman which has done fantastic for the Switch. So as a company it’s a platform that we’re looking at, for sure. So for PES it’s just – we never want to say no, we never want to close the door. Let’s see how it goes. Personally speaking, I love the machine. We think it’s definitely performed amazingly well. And we really hope that it continues to do very well.”

Pro Evolution Soccer 2018’s assistant producer Kei Masuda also said: “We always like to hear what the fans think as well, depending on the amount of reactions we get then we definitely would like to look into it.”

If you’re looking for a soccer fix on Switch this year, EA has you covered. FIFA 18 will be releasing on September 29.

Source

Nintendo Life published a new interview with Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino. Hino had much to say about Layton’s Mystery Journey, including how he wants to make “Mystery Journey” a new series, supporting Switch in the future, and a possible new movie.

We’ve rounded up some of the more interesting comments from Hino below. You can read the full interview here.

Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Switch is something that producer Naoki Yoshida has commented on fairly regularly. We’ve heard him weigh in on things as early as August 2015, back when Nintendo’s console was known as NX.

Kotaku once again asked Yoshida about Final Fantasy XIV on Switch in a recent interview. He unsurprisingly said that he’s still very much open the idea. However, he also stressed the importance of having cross-play.

Yoshida’s latest comments are as follows:

A new interview with Nintendo senior director of corporate communications Charlie Scibetta is up from Ars Technica. The two chatted about the Switch stock situation, the NES Classic Edition, and fan games.

Continue on below for Scibetta’s comments. You can also read the original article here for a little bit of discussion about 3DS. 

Nintendo UK has a new interview up with Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle developer Davide Soliani. Soliani spoke about what it was like originally pitching the idea to Nintendo, the emotional reveal at E3 last week, and more. Read on below for his various comments.

The fact that Rocket League is in the works for Switch is big news. But last week, it was also announced that cross-play will be supported. When Rocket League launches on Switch, players will be able to battle against those on other systems like Xbox One and PC.

Nintendo of America corporate communications director Charlie Scibetta spoke about the decision to introduce cross-play on Switch as part of an interview with GamesBeat. It’s all a part of “trying to be more flexible as a company,” he explained.

Here’s the relevant portion of the interview:

The Verge published some choice quotes from some of the developers at Nintendo, including Shinya Takahashi, general manager of Nintendo’s software division, Nintendo EPD. Takahashi started off by commenting on when it makes sense to introduce a new IP.

He said:

“It’s not just about new characters. It’s also about thinking about how people will accept new systems and gameplay. Sometimes new intellectual property is the best way to introduce that.”

“Whenever we see a new, really fun prototype, there’s always going to be a moment where we think: ‘How do we give the most people the opportunity to play this? Is it something that needs to be in a Mario game, or is this something that feels like it should go in a new direction?’ And that’s a debate that happens every single time.”

During last week’s Nintendo Spotlight presentation at E3, Nintendo revealed two big projects for Switch. Metroid Prime 4 and a new core Pokemon game were announced for the platform.

Neither game was given any sort of release window. They’re definitely not 2017 titles – especially Pokemon, which will likely take more than a year to arrive. Yet Nintendo of America corporate communications director Charlie Scibetta has indicated that Pokemon as well as Metroid Prime 4 could be out on Switch next year.

Speaking about providing a consistent lineup of games on Switch, Scibetta noted:

SEGA Forever, a growing collection of classic games, was announced for mobile today. The catalog will expand in the months and years ahead, with each game offering new elements like leaderboards.

What’s interesting about SEGA Forever is that it’s being handled almost entirely with Unity. This was an intentional move, as SEGA Networks’ chief marketing officer Mike Evans told GamesIndustry that doing so “enables us to take this content to other platforms”. Evans even specifically mentions Switch in his remarks.

He said:

“About 90% of the games so far are in Unity. The reason we chose Unity as middleware is it enables us to take this content to other platforms as well. So my first focus is mobile. It’s a huge project and what I really want to do is get mobile right. After this, there are options: we can look at desktop, Facebook, we could even take these games to consoles like Switch.”

Source

IGN is the latest outlet to have published an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto and Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot about Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. It admittedly covers the same kinds of topics we’ve heard between the Ubisoft E3 presentation and subsequent interviews, but there are a few small extras here and there. The latest comments from the two are in the video and source link below.


Source

Page 2 of 14912345...102030...Last »