Submit a news tip



Shigeru Miyamoto

Check out this tweet posted a little while ago on Nintendo of America’s Twitter account:


Just how many projects will Miyamoto show? And what exactly will he be showing? Feel free to speculate!

During the Q&A portion of Nintendo’s latest financial results briefing, president Satoru Iwata further teased the GamePad-focused titles the company will be bringing to E3 2014 next month.

There will be “multiple games”, Iwata said, “that are designed to introduce players to the value of the Wii U Game Pad by demonstrating playstyles only possible because of it.” Each one of these projects have been developed internally under Shigeru Miyamoto’s guidance.

Fans can expect a mix of games that are nearing completion to ones early in creation. Ultimately, Nintendo intends to “demonstrate the titles’ core appeals.”

Check out the rough translation of Iwata’s comments below.

The Year of Luigi is no more. It officially ended on on March 18, and Shigeru Miyamoto closed out the festivities with one final message. You can find it in full below.

In this week’s issue of Famitsu, Super Mario 3D World director Koichi Hayashida opened up about “Miyamoto’s Teachings”.

What the heck is that, exactly? It’s mainly a set of quotes from Shigeru Miyamoto, which has inspired Hayashida in recent years.

Siliconera has the translations of Hayashida’s comments. You can find them below.

The Year of Luigi is finally coming to an end next month. Shigeru Miyamoto posted a message on Miiverse earlier today and confirmed that the festivities will conclude on March 18.

With the year-long event’s end, Nintendo is closing off the Year of Luigi Miiverse Community and its Developers’ Room to new post and comments. Miyamoto is asking fans to leave a few words for Luigi on his post as a means of bringing closure.

You can find Miyamoto’s message in full below.

One investor asked Nintendo how it will address the lack of software available for its systems at launch during the company’s investor briefing last week. Shigeru Miyamoto addressed the question, suggesting that the situation had been improved with Wii U. New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land were available at launch, followed by Pikmin 3 “after a long interval”, and Supre Mario 3D World at the end of last year. Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. are also on the way.

“Therefore, I feel that we have managed to overcome the challenge of releasing enough first-party franchises on Wii U,” he said.

Miyamoto later addressed what Nintendo believes was Nintendo’s biggest issues last year: “we failed to communicate the true value of Wii U, failed to make children persuade their parents to buy our products for them, and failed to offer products that parents could not resist.” He stated that, as a result, Nintendo “will need to put more focus on creating experiences that utilize the GamePad that can also be fully enjoyed when playing alone.”

Miyamoto’s final comments were about developing for Wii U. Due to the huge evolution in technology between Wii and Wii U, just using a technique such as shaders “has significantly changed our development environment as well as our developers themselves and the time to develop games, all of which are areas toward which we have been making significant reinforcements.” Miyamoto said Nintendo is now looking to work with “many outside developers” so that “past games” can be reborn on Wii U.

During the Q&A portion of Nintendo’s investor briefing held earlier in the week, Shigeru Miyamoto reconfirmed that Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will launch this year. Miyamoto didn’t mention the 3DS version in his response, in case you’re wondering. I don’t think it’s worth making much of yet, but it’d be interesting if the two versions had separate launches.

Source, Via

Retro Studios president Michael Kelbaugh and Nintendo producer Kensuke Tanabe commented on how the two companies cooperate in the development of projects in the latest issue of ONM.

To begin, Kelbaugh explained how the process is ultimately “a symbiotic relationship” between Retro, Nintendo SPD, “and other entities throughout the Nintendo family.”

He said:

“Tanabe-san and his team at SPD are our primary contacts at Nintendo. Please let me be clear: games developed at Retro Studios are a collaboration between members from Retro Studios, SPD and other entities throughout the Nintendo family. It’s a symbiotic relationship that consists of members from all over the world; we are very honoured to be working with such a talented team.

“When we worked on Mario Kart 7, we were working on Tropical Freeze at the same time. Part of the team was working on creating assets for Hideki Konno’s group, the Mario Kart team, and part of our team continued making progress on Tropical Freeze in conjunction with Tanabe-san and SPD.”

Earlier today, Nico Nico held an announcement broadcast for its annual “Nico Nico Chokaigi” convention. The show was highlighted by an appearance from none other than Shigeru Miyamoto.

Miyamoto announced that Nintendo intends to act as the “Super Special Sponsor” this year. It’s a bit unclear as to what this entails – though perhaps it’s a sign that Nintendo has something special in store for fans.

Nico Nico Chokaigi will take place on April 27 and April 28.

Source

Nintendo has published a new Iwata Asks focusing on Nintendo 3DS Guides: Louvre. You can find the full discussion here. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata and Shigeru Miyamoto both participated in the discussion.


Manage Cookie Settings