Posted 6 hours ago
A second patch for Pokemon X/Y is now available. Players can bring their game to version 1.2 with the newest update.
As for what the patch entails, the patch notes mention the following:
- Fixes an occasional bug causing Pokémon not to learn new moves after evolving through Wonder Trade.
- Fixes an occasional bug where certain captions for Trainer PR Videos were not unlocked in Lumiose City.
- Updates an Internet communication issue.
- Includes previous update (Ver. 1.1)
Nintendo released Pokemon X/Y’s first patch in October. That one corrected a game-breaking save bug found within Lumiose City.
Posted 11 hours ago
Nintendo has issued a response to the latest NPD report, revealing some fairly impressive sales for its two primary systems and games.
Hardware sales for Nintendo platforms are up by 100 percent over the month prior, the company says. The 3DS family sold roughly 770,000 units, bringing the handheld’s lifetime sales past 10 million to nearly 10.5 million units in the US. Wii U sales also rose by more than 340 percent over sales in October.
Notable software sales include Pokemon X/Y at 225,000 units (lifetime 2.35 million units), Zelda: A Link Between Worlds at 280,000 units (405,000 with the Zelda 3DS XL bundle), and Super Mario 3D World at 215,000 units.
You can find Nintendo’s full response below.
Posted 11 hours ago
Square Enix shared another update on Dragon Quest Monsters 2 earlier this week, which launches in Japan on February. A new round of details are posted below.
- You’ll possibly be able to scout over one of your opponents’ listed monsters
- As your wins go up, you’ll get prizes commiserate with the win total
- Dream Egg item works only if you hang around in StreetPass
- This eggy piece can be found and then placed on display during StreetPass
- The egg hatches into a random monster after you obtain a certain number of StreetPass hits
- Could find a rare monster or a common one
- Can customize your avatar with different costumes
- Give them short messages such as “I’m coming in~” to greet foes
- Players can view your status card
- This shows how far along to completion you are in capturing the various monsters such as the slime families as well as items and other miscellaneous stats
Posted 12 hours ago
NPD Group has released a listing of the top ten best-selling games in the U.S. for the month of November. The results can be found below.
1. Call of Duty: Ghosts
2. Battlefield 4
3. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
4. Madden NFL 25
5. Grand Theft Auto V
6. NBA 2K14
7. Skylanders Swap Force
8. Just Dance 2014
9. Disney Infinity
10. FIFA 14
Posted 12 hours ago
Another wave of Bravely Second details have come out of this week’s Famitsu. Producer Tomoya Asano and character designer Akihiko Yoshida discussed the game’s various aspects, including:
- Many details haven’t been decided as the game is only 30% complete
- More announcements regarding these will be made later
- Magnolia was made during a scenario brainstorm meeting
- The character was created after the keywords of “people of the moon” and “returnee” came to mind
- The team originally considered giving Magnolia some kind of space outfit and bunny ears
- Eventually decided to go with a character who showed “adultness”
- “Adultness” was a feature lacking in Bravely Default’s characters
- Experience gained from Bravely Default will help the team make a game that is much more polished than before
- The illustrators are currently working on characters and job designs
- Many of them will be quite unexpected
We also have the following quotes from Asano:
“There were actually several concepts, but out of all of them, the idea of ‘surpassing the previous title’ left the biggest impression. We were aware that the previous title was to get fans to like the characters and world, so we decided to have a sequel that takes place several years later, and has more to do with Luxendarc.”
“As we did previously, and for the sake of Japanese RPG fans, we’re developing with the goal to create a new pillar of support for Square Enix, while surpassing the previous title. I believe that it may take a little while longer until you’ll get to play the game, but we’ll be revealing new information little by little, so I hope you continue supporting us while looking forward to what’s coming.”
Posted 13 hours ago
Update 2: (12/13/13): Pre-orders now open at Best Buy.
Update (12/2/13): Bravely Default pre-orders have just opened on Amazon. You can pre-order the collector’s edition here ($5 less than GameStop) and the standard edition here.
Original: Pre-orders are open for the Bravely Default Collector’s Edition… well, at GameStop at least. You can place an order here. The standard version can also be found here.
In Nintendo’s original announcement, the company said that the Bravely Default Collector’s Edition would be available “at select retailers.” Hopefully this means other retailers will open pre-orders in the near future. If other options appear, we’ll update this post.
Posted 18 hours ago
Earlier today, Nintendo updated the Japanese Kirby Triple Deluxe site with several screenshots and art, plus new details. A roundup of the latest content is posted below.
- Rescue King Dedede from Daranza
- Daranza: multi-armed enemy
- In order to rescue Dedede, Kirby needs to climb the World Tree to the floating kingdom of Floarald
- Collect sun stones to reach the boss
- Collect all of them in one stage and something will happen
- The key rings can be bought using star coins as well
- Roughly 20 power-ups
- Power-ups include the Beetle and Bell
- Beetle spikes enemies before flinging them off and defeating them
The first screenshots for Initial D Perfect Shift Online have surfaced. Additionally, we’ve translated several new details about SEGA’s free-to-play 3DS game, which you can find below.
- Fujiwara Takumi is leading the Legendary Shop
- Open-road racing game with manga-inspired visuals
- A racing game where the basic play is free
- Wage battle with various characters in “Initial D”
- Compete against the likes of Akagi and Akina
- Simple controls makes race battles very attractive
- Cars run automatically during races
- Instructions to “Shift Up” and “Shift Down” at strategic points in the course will appear on the screen
- By performing a shift change in good timing, you achieve a brilliant driving technique