Nintendo Everything: 3DS
System: Nintendo 3DS
Release Date: October 24th, 2014 (NA) September 26/27, 2014 (EU/AU)
Developer: Level 5, 1-UP Studio
The defining feature of Nintendo’s Paper Mario series is, undoubtedly, its warmth. Characters and locales that are at once unbelievable and entirely lovable, supported by music that makes you forget you’re not a kid anymore, all tied together by a simple but enjoyable story of saving the kingdom from certain doom.
The defining feature of Bethesda’s Elder Scrolls series is, undoubtedly, its scope. Hundreds of quests, hundreds of hours, and a seemingly endless amount of trivial– but altogether enjoyable– gameplay to partake in.
Fantasy Life isn’t perfectly described as a combination of these two philosophies, but thinking of it in those terms would give you a fair idea of what to expect if you opted into this Level 5 adventure. It’s a tempting concept, after all: What if you could live in the world you just saved for as long as you like? What if you never had to leave those characters and locations behind after the credits had receded above the top screen of your 3DS? The possibility of harnessing the emotional weight that an adventurous tale lends to a world and then channeling it into an endless farming game (not just farming of course, but you follow) is an intriguing domain that would seemingly take a considerable amount of work to map and conquer. But Level 5 decided to grab their best cartographers and venture into the unknown, and thus Fantasy Life has burst forth onto the 3DS, covered with bruises and a few broken bones, but with a completed map of that intriguing domain nonetheless in tow.
Elminage Another Story seems to have been pushed back in Japan, as Amazon is now listing a November 13 release date on its website. The game was last expected out sometime this month. Although Star Fish hasn’t officially announced the delay, it wouldn’t be too surprising to see Elminage Another Story slip another few weeks.
Yesterday, Bandai Namco prepared a new batch of information for the 3DS game The Seven Deadly Sins: Unjust Sin. View the summary below for the latest details.
– Play as protagonist Meliodas
– Meliodas will be gathering allies in the game
– Progress by taking on quests
– Bring supporting characters with you
– These include the female giant Diane
– To win battles, you’ll need to connect combo attacks with support characters with proper timing
– Ex: You can get Diane to throw an enemy up in mid-air then finish them off with additional aerial attacks from Meliodas
– Different attack patterns in the game and plenty of support characters to recruit
– Support characters have super special attacks
– Find items that can recover health or boost attacks on quests
– Quests also provide materials used to make outfits
– Explore during quests and look for rare items
– Meliodas lives in a mobile bar called the Boar Hat
– Boar Hat is the base of operations in this game
– Take on quests here and have different events with characters
– There are some stages where the persistent Holy Knights will show up to take you on out of nowhere