Photos of the new Disney Infinity 3.0 figures
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Images, Wii U | 3 Comments
Game Informer has posted a bunch of photos showcasing the new Disney Infinity 3.0 figures. We’ve posted a few of them below, though you can find even more here.
More Disney Infinity 3.0 details shared in official announcement, first screenshots
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 13 Comments
Disney Interactive is completing today’s Disney Infinity 3.0 news cycle with an official announcement.
First, here’s a brief overview as to what’s new in the upcoming version:
- Three Star Wars Play Sets, one set in the timeline of Episodes I-III, the second set during the original trilogy, Episodes IV-VI, and the third available this winter based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Additional Play Sets offering distinct gameplay and environments, including a Disney•Pixar Play Set based on the upcoming film Inside Out, and a Marvel Play Set featuring Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and other Marvel characters
- A fully enhanced Toy Box with two new multiplayer Toy Box Expansion Games, Toy Box Speedway (kart racing) and Toy Box Takeover (action-adventure)
- More figures of fan-favorite characters from across The Walt Disney Company, like Mickey and Minnie, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Mulan and Olaf, among many others
And here’s an overview of the different Star Wars Play Sets:
Each of the Star Wars Play Sets offers distinct experiences, with varied gameplay, environments and characters. The Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic Play Set takes place in the height of the Jedi’s powers, where players will use the Force and Lightsabers in epic battles and master their combat skills alongside Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Darth Maul. The Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire Play Set will take players on galaxy-spanning missions with Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia Organa, Han Solo, Chewbacca and Darth Vader, piloting X-wing fighters or the Millennium Falcon to fight stormtroopers, or exploring and partaking in land-based missions on planets like Tatooine, Hoth, and Endor. Additionally, fans will have the unique opportunity to play with all of the Star Wars characters in all of the Star Wars Play Sets.
Aside from the likes of Star Wars Play Sets, Disney Infinity 3.0 also introduces the new 3D Toy Box Hub, which allows players to more easily choose from a wider selection of gameplay experiences. The different types include platform, racing, and farming simulation games. Toy Box Takeover (action-adventure gameplay) and Toy Box Speedway (kart racing) will be added as Toy Box Expansion Games.
Disney Infinity 3.0 will support all figures and Power Discs from the original 1.0 and 2.0 editions. These items will work in the game’s enhanced Toy Box. Power Discs will now be sold in labeled franchise-specific packs of four. We’ll be hearing about more Disney, Disney•Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars figures and Play Sets “in the coming months.”
Disney Infinity 3.0 launches this fall. The Starter Pack is priced at $64.99, and includes the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Base and software, the Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic Play Set, Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker character figures, and a web code card that unlocks content for PC and mobile devices.
Check out the first screenshots from Disney Infinity 3.0 below.
Source: Disney Interactive PR
Disney Infinity 3.0 debut trailer
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U eShop | 2 Comments
Disney Interactive just released the first trailer for Disney Infinity 3.0. We’ve posted it below.
Disney Infinity 3.0 officially confirmed, featured in this month’s Game Informer
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 2 Comments
Disney Infinity 3.0 has finally been made official. The game has been officially announced in the latest issue of Game Informer, which is due out today digitally.
Here’s what we know about Disney Infinity 3.0 thus far:
– Avalanche heading up development again
– Other studios contributing as well
– Ninja Theory working on Twilight of the Republic pack-in playset
– This follows Anakin and Ahsoka as they fight to uncover who’s behind a freshly minted droid army
– Twilight of the Republic takes place after Star Wars: Episode II
– It features land and space battles
– Melee combat as well
– Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Darth Maul can enter the fray
– These characters will be separately-sold figures
– Studio Gobo’s (Disney Infinity’s Pirates of the Caribbean playset) Rise Against the Empire is a highlight reel of sorts that follows the events of the classic trilogy
– Luke and Leia tangle with Darth Vader and his forces through memorable sequences
– Battle of Yavin, Hoth, Tatooine featured in Rise Against the Empire
– Chewbacca, Han Solo, and Darth Vader figures will be available individually
– Star Wars characters can cross over between the Star Wars playsets
– Avalanche has reexamined fundamental parts of its core game and is working with best-in-class developers to ensure that Infinity is as good as it can be
– Ninja Theory has retuned melee combat
– Combat has been adjusted for timing and added depth for advanced players
– Sumo Digital (Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing) is tweaking driving; handling and drifting specifically
– One of the new Toy Box games is a kart racer
– Legacy characters will benefit from the gameplay improvements
– Another Star Wars playset due out this winter is based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens
– Sets are also coming based on Pixar’s Inside Out
– Joy, Disgust, Anger, Fear, and Sadness Inside Out figures coming
– United Front Games working on a new Marvel set, including Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and more
– More figures coming: Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Mulan, Olaf, and more
– Toy Box: addition of an updated hub world, toys for new players and experts, and the all-new farming system
– New Power Discs coming
– These discs won’t be in blind bags anymore, and you can see what you’re getting before you buy them
Disney Infinity 3.0 launches this fall on Wii U and other platforms. The Starter Pack will set you back $64.99.
Warren Spector on Epic Mickey – dark concept art, couldn’t show Mickey’s teeth, wanted a movie
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii, Wii U | 6 Comments
Epic Mickey director Warren Spector held a Reddit AMA a few days back. Spector shared plenty of insight about the original game and its sequel, and tackled some very interesting questions. He was asked about topics like Epic Mickey’s dark concept art that never seemed to be realized, how he tried pitching a film based on the series to Disney, and the one thing about Mickey he couldn’t show.
You can find a full roundup of Spector’s comments below. They’re certainly worth checking out!
Latest Disney Infinity 3.0 leak gives a look at Star Wars’ Anakin and Ahsoka
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 4 Comments
Disney Infinity 3.0 has seen another leak – this time from German retailer Saturn. It gives us a first look at the new starter set, which features Anakin Skywalker and Ahsok Tano from Star Wars. Darth Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Princess Leia, R2-D2 and C-3PO are also shown on the cover art.
Today’s leak also confirms that Disney Infinity 3.0 will be on Wii U as expected. That version will be priced at €59.99, and may come to Europe on August 20.
We’re expecting to receive an official announcement for Disney Infinity 3.0 soon.
Thanks to seraphimbahamut79 for the tip.
Rumor: Star Wars figures to be a part of Disney Infinity 3.0
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Rumors, Wii U | 8 Comments
Polygon is reporting that Disney Interactive is in the process of readying Star Wars figures as part of the launch of the new Disney Infinity game. Assuming the site’s report can be believed, the first Star Wars figures will release by the time the upcoming film hits theaters later in the year.
That’s not the only Disney-Infinity-related news to have come out today. A bunch of new figures seem to have leaked for Disney Infinity 3.0, including Olaf, Mulan, Inside-Out characters, and more.
Rumor: Disney Infinity 3.0 character lineup to feature Olaf, Mulan, Inside-Out, and more
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Rumors, Wii U | 5 Comments
Disney Infinity 3.0 is definitely something that will be happening later this year. Although no official announcements have been made on that front just yet, the first round of toys relating to the game may have leaked ahead of a reveal.
Chinese retailer Taobao recently put up various images for Frozen’s Olaf, Tron Legacy’s Sam Flynn and Quorra, classic Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Mulan, and five characters from Inside Out. Infinity Inquirer picked up on the product listings, but the site’s post was taken down “at the request of Disney Interactive”. Taobao also removed all references to the new characters.
We’ll keep you updated as the situation develops.
Disney Infinity 2.0 adds Loki, Falcon
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 0 comments
Two new characters are joining Disney Infinity 2.0. As of today, players can begin using Loki and Falcon in the game. Both characters are playable in the Toy Box as well as in Marvel’s The Avengers Play Set.
View a pair of character trailers for Loki and Falcon below:
Characters models from unannounced Disney Interactive Wii U game
Posted on 8 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 3 Comments
Several characters models from an unannounced Disney Interactive game have appeared online, via the online profile of 3D artist Cari Mayle. The game is coming to the Wii U, but it’s unknown if other platforms will be receiving it as well. We know that the project is a fantasy game of some sort… and not much else!