More scrapped Disney Infinity 3.0 figures: Peter Pan, Spider-Gwen, many others
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 15 Comments
Disney Infinity 3.0 came to a premature end in May. With the game meeting such a sudden halt, much content was scrapped despite being well in development. We’ve already heard about the Dr. Strange figure that never made it to market, but that wasn’t the only new toy in the pipeline.
Infiniteer Adventures recently spotted concept art for various figures that never made it to market, some of which were further along than others. Among these include:
– Peter Pan
– Lightning McQueen Premium Figure
– Buzz Lightyear Premium Figure
– Elsa Premium Figure
– Darth Vader Premium Figure
– Hulkbuster Premium Figure
– Jack Skellington Premium Figure
– Hulk Premium Figure
You can see what these figures could have looked like in the gallery below.
Disney Infinity online services and community features ending on March 3, 2017
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 0 comments
The end of Disney Infinity continues, with it being announced today that “All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued” on March 3, 2017. Toy Boxes can be downloaded until that date. However, the Disney Infinity Community team will no longer accept new Toy Boxes as of September 30.
Even after March 3 approaches, Disney Infinity players will still have “full access to figures and play sets only with the exception of community content features and online multiplayer”.
Here’s the full timeline for the discontinuation of Disney Infinity’s online services:
Since announcing that we will discontinue the production of Disney Infinity, we’ve been exploring timelines for the closure of the game’s online versions and community features. Our goal has been to offer extended access to these services, while also providing clear communication about what you can expect. It’s important to note that:
Moana Play Set was planned for Disney Infinity 3.0
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 11 Comments
Before Disney Infinity 3.0 was cancelled, there was a lot of content lined up for the game. That included new figures, Play Sets, and more.
One Play Set intended for release was based on the upcoming film Moana. Sadly, no one will ever be able to play it. Thanks to a Kotaku source, We do at least have a look at what the figures and Play Set would have looked like.
Disney Infinity 3.0 – Finding Dory Play Set footage
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U | 5 Comments
Disney Infinity 3.0’s Finding Dory Play Set – the last one for the game – recently came out. A bunch of gameplay from the new package can be found below.
Disney Infinity 3.0 – a look at the Dr. Strange figure that never was
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U | 8 Comments
Before the plug was pulled on the Disney Infinity franchise, new figures were in the planning stages. One of these was a new design for Dr. Strange. It was never made into an actual product, but Infiniteer Adventures has a look at what the figure could have been.
New Disney Infinity 3.0 update out now
Posted on 3 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii U | 10 Comments
If you happen to own Disney Infinity 3.0, a new update should be awaiting you. I imagine that the patch makes room for the Finding Dory content. Perhaps this will be the final update for the game…
Rumor: Details about scrapped plans for Disney Infinity figures, Disney Infinity 4.0, series’ cancellation
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, Rumors, Wii U | 12 Comments
Disney delivered some surprising news about its gaming business this past week. Disney Infinity is now no more, and Disney Interactive is no longer publishing titles.
Kotaku has now spoken with two sources about the situation, and has rumored details about scrapped plans pertaining to new Disney Infinity figures, Disney Infinity 4.0, and why the series was cancelled. You can find some of the information below, with even more at the source link.
– Numerous new level packs were planned
– One of these was based on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
– Would have been accompanied by a new line of 12-inch figures
– Disney Infinity 4.0 would have been released next year
– This would have intertwined the adventures of characters from Star Wars, Marvel, Disney in a Toy Box story mode
– Plans for 12-inch figures: Buzz Lightyear, Elsa, Hulk, Hulkbuster, Jack Skellington, Darth Vader
– These figures were slated for this fall
– Each would have been $45, more detail, lit up, act differently in-game
– Ninja Theory was working on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story content
– Studio Gobo was working on the upcoming Disney film Moana
– Disney Infinity 4.0 material planned for Cars 3, Star Wars VIII, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Coco, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Thor: Ragnarok
– Unconfirmed plans that Disney had a plan to salvage things by having a deal with Hasbro to help with the manufacturing of toys
– Issues with figure shortages with the first game, then overproducing figures after that
– Also had to deal with competition in the toys-to-life space and balance collaborating with the other Disney-owned stakeholders Marvel and LucasFilm that led to overreach
– Yondu figure was apparently a flop
– Unexpected competition from Star Wars: Battlefront, the latter of which was successful with kids
Disney Infinity cancelled, dev closing, Disney pulling the plug on console titles
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 56 Comments
Disney is making massive changes to its video game business going forward, and is signaling the end of Disney Infinity.
Disney Infinity is coming to an end this summer after the release of three new characters from Alice Through the Looking Glass later this month, and the Finding Dory Play Set in June. There will be no more content after this.
Avalanche Software, the team behind Disney Infinity, will be closed. Disney Interactive as a whole is also no longer making games, and will instead “transition exclusively to a licensing model.”
An official statement reads:
“After a thorough evaluation, we have modified our approach to console gaming and will transition exclusively to a licensing model. This shift in strategy means we will cease production of Disney Infinity, where the lack of growth in the toys-to-life market, coupled with high development costs, has created a challenging business model. This means that we will be shutting down Avalanche, our internal studio that developed the game. This was a difficult decision that we did not take lightly given the quality of Disney Infinity and its many passionate fans.”
Another round of Disney Infinity 3.0 – Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set footage
Posted on 4 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in Videos, Wii U | 0 comments
Thanks to Kotaku, we have a few more videos for the new Disney Infinity 3.0 – Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set. Check them out below.
New Disney Infinity 3.0 update now live
Disney Infinity has received a new update. It’s quite substantial, weighing in at nearly 1.3GB.
Today’s update should add in data for the new Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set. Additional figures are being supported as well.
Thanks to NinImpactGaming for the tip.